Mandie says just make a left at Kentucky, and keep driving until salt water starts sloshing around your ankles.

One week from now, I'll probably have already blown my entire vendor room budget, will be drooling over the spoils in the hotel room.

SN

Mandie says just make a left at Kentucky, and keep driving until salt water starts sloshing around your ankles.

SN

I should wash the car on the way :bandhead2:

I'm taking "X" amount of money per day for the vender room, can't think of anything outside the Hase B-24 I really want and that would have to be a deal...not like I need it real quick

See you 2 in a week :wacko:

Looks like Mandie and I will be bunking at the same Red Roof as you guys. We had reservations at a Travelodge across the street from the beach, but I happened to be surfing around this evening and stumbled on a tripadvisor.com page full of horror stories about the place. A couple of bad reviews I can live with, but this place was universally condemned by everyone who stayed there as a total dump (rated 102nd out of 105 hotels in VA Beach.) We stayed there for the '02 Nats, but it sounds like the place has really gone downhill since then. Fortunately, we were able to cancel our reservation abd find a room at The Roof at the last minute.

Hey CD, you think we can talk HLJ into a sweetheart deal on those Hase Libs? I figure at least one is coming home with me, but if I can get a deal I wouldn't mind getting both...

SN

Edited by Steve N
Looks like Mandie and I will be bunking at the same Red Roof as you guys. We had reservations at a Travelodge across the street from the beach, but I happened to be surfing around this evening and stumbled on a tripadvisor.com page full of horror stories about the place. A couple of bad reviews I can live with, but this place was universally condemned by everyone who stayed there as a total dump (rated 102nd out of 105 hotels in VA Beach.) We stayed there for the '02 Nats, but it sounds like the place has really gone downhill since then. Fortunately, we were able to cancel our reservation abd find a room at The Roof at the last minute.

Hey CD, you think we can talk HLJ into a sweetheart deal on those Hase Libs? I figure at least one is coming home with me, but if I can get a deal I wouldn't mind getting both...

SN

Now lets hope the Roof is cool, it'll give us several people staying there so car pooling will be easy. Mapquest says its 15-20 minutes away from the show but allot cheaper than a beach motel.

I'm hoping HLJ does a say last day...we'll have to stalk their tables and see :)

Just so we're on the same page, exactly which "Roof" are you gonna be under? We're at the one just off 264, on Ballard Court. Looks like it's a straight shot up the freeway from the convention center. They had 1 (one) room left when we booked last night (fortunately a non-smoking king!)

SN

Just so we're on the same page, exactly which "Roof" are you gonna be under? We're at the one just off 264, on Ballard Court. Looks like it's a straight shot up the freeway from the convention center. They had 1 (one) room left when we booked last night (fortunately a non-smoking king!)

SN

Looks like the right place, here's the stuff from my files

Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach (#93)

I-264 at South Newtown Road

196 Ballard Court, Virginia Beach, VA, United States, 23462

Phone: (757) 490-0225 Fax: (757) 490-8220

Reminds me, want to double check ...always like to call a week ahead :lol:

I have now come to the conclusion that I have virtually no hope of finishing my nats project....I completed assembly last night, but am not going to be able to start painting until tonight.

Let's see....paint...clear coat...decal...clear coat....weather....flat coat. Doesn't seem real doable...

Oh well. It's just that much more of a challenge I guess!

CD, we all need to exchange cell numbers at some point...

Waco, don't feel bad, there is no way in holy heck my nats project will be done in time , unless I quit my job and spend every second without eating or sleeping til then.

mandie.

see ya next week :woot.gif:

I will be looking for some of you all over there,,,,we are leaving the 1st,,,we have a reunion in Buffalo,,,then heading down to the Langley area,,,SWMBO and I will be at the Nats for a few hours on Friday,,,,have a lot of people I'd like to "put a face to", both vendors and modelers

we won't be there in time for the ship or aircraft parties on Thursday,,,,but, will see y'all during the "hungover Nats" part on friday, haha

and for the ones getting lost south of Tenn,,,,just drive towards saltwater smells,,,,then follow the North Star along the coast

have fun

Rex

CD, we all need to exchange cell numbers at some point...

Waco, don't feel bad, there is no way in holy heck my nats project will be done in time , unless I quit my job and spend every second without eating or sleeping til then.

mandie.

see ya next week :whistle:

I'll shoot you a PM

You kids have fun,remember to pick up a present for me :lol: Heck,I doubt if I could hit the Columbus one either,I usually either have to work or not enough $$$,something usually gets in the way :cheers: .I'd spend hours looking in the vendor area instead of the contest area!

Steve and Mandie,don't forget about Norman,he's looking forward to hitting another Nat's and of course seeing you guys,not to mention getting off base!He mentioned he aced his powerplant test :)

Steve,take pleanty of pics and make sure you stop by the Afterburner Decals booth and poke Jake Melampy with a stick for me,oh what the heck,poke Scott and Geoff as well since you'll be there :salute:

Steve and Mandie,don't forget about Norman,he's looking forward to hitting another Nat's and of course seeing you guys,not to mention getting off base!He mentioned he aced his powerplant test

Glad to hear he passed his test! And don't worry..we haven't forgotten him. Mandie's been totally jazzed about getting to see "her baby" ever since she talked to him last time we were in TH. He told me he's looking forward to doing some building once he gets to his duty station. Apparently, they wouldn't let him have glue or an X-acto at Eustis!

SN

Glad to hear he passed his test! And don't worry..we haven't forgotten him. Mandie's been totally jazzed about getting to see "her baby" ever since she talked to him last time we were in TH. He told me he's looking forward to doing some building once he gets to his duty station. Apparently, they wouldn't let him have glue or an X-acto at Eustis!

SN

You guys might want to try and contact Norman prior to leaving Michigan,he *might* not be able to get to go,things are up in the air right now,plus he might be changing career fields.Things are ok but I think divorce and worrying about Kent has affected his AIT,plus they lost his training records to boot :P

I talked to him this past weekend and he's got everything under control with whats going on so there isn't a need to worry about anything,he's pretty upbeat about everything.