I will start this off. I am going to build the Monogram 1/48 F-4J in VMFA-334 livery with a Loadout from the Hot Pad at Chu Lai, of 7 Napes, Suu-23 gun Pod 2 tanks, a Legend AFM cockpit and tru Details Wheels and AMS resin FOD covers. it will be BuNo. 5762 who was downed in feb of 69'.

000_0029.jpg

Edited by ThunderGrunt

As of now, (all 1/48)

Hasegawa, CF-188 441 sq. D-day bird.

Hobby crap CF-105 Arrow.

Hasegawa A-7E low vis VA-86

Italeri S-3A VS-24

Revell A-6E VA-36

This is one GB I won't be able to finish all I have lined up.

Edited by phantom

Well, I'll be third then.

The three kits I have chosen for this GB are:

Hasegawa CF-104 Starfighter 1/72, this one will be done as a green/grey camouflaged plane, as it flew with the 1st Canadian Air Group.

Hasegawa F-4E Phantom II 1/72, this will be done as a SEA-camouflaged plane with bicentennial tail, as it flew from Bitburg Airbase in Germany and seen at the 1976 TAM at Twenthe airbase in the Netherlands. Like the ones in my banner.

Revell CF-101B Voodoo 1/72, this will be done as a NMF-painted plane, as it flew with 409sqd. from Comox Airbase, in British Columbia.

But I can't start rightaway, as I have to finish my F-5A, RA-5C and RQ-1 first.

Edited by Pete

I'd like to throw my hat into the ring with a 1/48 scale Hasegawa F-8E Crusader. I'm undecided with what markings to utilize but it will be either VF-211 or VF-191. Fittingly, I bought this model at Phillips Hobbies who is one of your sponsors.

Edited by StevenJ

Well I'm in w/ a HAS F-14B VF-32 "Gypsy 100 Last Tomcat Cruise"

Edit: Been roped into doin an A-4 1st... Only way to get Otis252 to get in the build!! LOL

Edited by Tomcat Tweeker

I've got the Korean war corner covered. My entries will be a F-9F2 Panther built in 1/48th from the Trumpeter kit, and an F-86F by Monogram. As always, this one will be OOB. Given enough time, I may throw in a Marine Corps recce Panther

Edited by RKic

My entry will be the Anigrand 1/72 resin kit of the Atlas ICBM. It can be built as an early A or C test model or a S.A.C. D model. I had planned on converting it to an F model, but after careful research of the differences, I concluded it is not feasible. There are so many major differences that it would be like trying to convert a legacy F-18 Hornet to a Super Hornet. I have several other possibilities waiting in the wings if I finish the Atlas in a reasonable time frame.

Darwin

Registering my intention. It's an English Electric Lightning T4 serial XM973/V.

I'll be using an Airfix 1/48 Lightning F1-F3 kit, with Aeroclub two seat conversion set, and some 19 Squadron decals from theF2A kit.

No special reason for XM973 other than it can be done from what I've already got available.

See my Sig for the picture.