Hi Folks,

Fairly new to ARC, and this is my first aircraft GB. I'm building the new Hobby Boss F-105D Thud, and I'm going to use decals from the Aeromaster Lead Sleds! Part III sheet with kit decals. The aircraft will be 59-1743 "Arkansas Traveler" of 388th TFW, Korat RTAB flown by Colonel Paul Douglas who had 8 WW2 air to air victories. It will be done in the US SEA camouflage.

Regards,

Joe Osborne

academy 1/144 b-47 stratojet - who can forget the 1st of the big sac jet bombers?

a 1/72 hasegawa s-2f tracker, prob oob or in taiwanese decals.

a vf-31 phantom frm 1/48 hasegawa, but it probably belongs more to the phantom GB.

a few 1/48 and 1/72 tomcats

and lastly, i will try and finish that leftover victor from the matchbox gb, (i'm hopeless)

• 2 weeks later...
Well I have been away fro the bench for a few months..( changed careers). Thought I would build somehting for this GB to get the juices flowing again...that and Tomcat Tweeker threatend to fly to the US and beat me if I didn't join...(just kidding)

So If its not to late I'm in with a 1/48th Hase F-4J..in VF-92 markings from the Fox One sheet...be a week or so before I canget started though...

U go Boy!!!! Welcome Back Bud!!!!!

Dave

Edited by Tomcat Tweeker

I'll join. I've got two kits I just started:

1/144 Revell Hawker Hunter of the Swiss AF

1/144 DML MiG-23MF of the East German AF

Let me know if these don't meet the guidelines.

John

Edited by John King

This dovetails nicely with the GB on LSP carrier planes. I'm building this one vai tamiya 1/32 I am going to try out the new gunze solvent paints and instead of the hobby decal thing( can you imagine all those dry transfer warnings yikes) I have cam decals and some yellowstrike rip. Also some cam resin exhasut cones and ce bang seats BTW any body know if the nose cones were black or white?

al32003-201-left_v.jpg

Edited by dashotgun

I am adding one to the list.

1/144 CIA A-12 Oxcart from the Black Shield flights out of Kadena AFB from 1966-68

Kit: Arii reissue of the LS 1/144 SR-71 Blackbird and Twelve Squared styrene M-21/D-21 conversion kit (only using M-21 bits to convert the kit into an A-12)

(edit)

I am also adding a second one as I am doing a 1/72 Hasegawa SR-71 Blackbird out of the box. Markings for it will probably be one of the NASA birds as I am using the NASA limited edition version of the kit to build it. Since NASA no longer flies the SR-71 and neither does the USAF, I think it qualifies. Not to mention the Blackbird sure as heck hasn't been forgotten by those who saw her fly (of which I can count myself as one of the lucky ones in that regard).

Edited by Jay Chladek
1/144 CIA A-12 Oxcart from the Black Shield flights out of Kadena AFB from 1966-68

Kit: Arii reissue of the LS 1/144 SR-71 Blackbird and Twelve Squared styrene M-21/D-21 conversion kit (only using M-21 bits to convert the kit into an A-12)

Jay,

Great choice. It is about time someone got into the Blackbird arena. I should kick myself in the posterior and get one going also.

Darwin

Hi all!!

I'm in with a 1/48 Hasegawa F-14D VF-31 Tomcatters, VF-Decals Last Combat Cruise, Eduard PE F-14D Tomcat, Steel beach LANTIRN set, True Detail seats and Hasegawa Weapons set D , well at least the bombs!!

I want to try to build a diorama with the plane in take off stance, still waiting for the Hasegawa Navy figures set, hope to get it soon.

Even thought I have not finished my 1st GB entry I am going to make a start on a 2nd.

This will be the 1/72 Hasegawa MiG-17. Again this will be in the markings of the USSR Aerobatic team (anyone see a pattern emerging here?)

Julien