• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

After completed my A-7E for this GB, I would like to add a build of 1/72 Academy SUE in 1982 Argentina marking, can anyone let me know is this valid for this GB, or the SUE is still in Argentina service??

Julien's scarlet MiGs need company!

I found in my stash of unbuilt kits from more than 20 years ago:

one 1/72 Hasegawa MiG-17D/E

two 1/72 Kovozavody Prostejov MiG-17PF

one 1/72 Aeroclub MiG-17F conversion set

I am very tempted to bash a MiG-17F of NVAF used during the Vietnam War out of the above mix.

Didn't think of participating in this group build until now. I actually have a model that qualifies!

It's the Hobbyboss A-7D Corsair II in USAF markings, SEA camo. :worship:

1/72 scale, that is.. :thumbsup:

Hey all I am in! I will be submitting a Hasagawa 1/48th scale A-7E Corsair II with markings from VA-87. This beauty will be in flight ready for trap after a long and trying bombing run into the heart of Vietnam. Will have zero loadout with 1 remaining starboard side sidewinder, seems to have mixed it up a little with a NVA Mig! Hope you all like, and good luck to all!

Hi,

I will join with a couple of starfighters in AMI livery both F-104S, the first one in "sessantanni" special livery the other I didn't decide yet between "brandy 23 experimental low-viz" or a rudder striped 53-20 from 53mo stormo.

Both Hase 1/72

Cheers Paolo

I'm in for my first group build.

Hope if qualifies but got an old 1/72 Esci F-4J almost completed and have in progress pics I've taken during the build, been on off for a few months as my first son was born :thumbsup: in August. His name's Edge Curtiss (yes...the P-40) White.

Edited by tempestwulf

Hi!

I'd like to join with this build:

P1030228resize.jpg

I got the kit after reading the great article by Mr. Pierre Lambert in Model Airplane International, March 2006 issue...

Given my poor skills, I never had the nerve to start it. This GB gave me the right motivation...I'll try and do my best :-)

Bye for now

Roberto

i'll be doing my 2nd entry since my harrier mk3 is done. would an f-117 be alright in this GB? since they are slowly being phased out and the first few have already gone to amarc or even scrapped! i started the dragon 1/144 kit this morning. in fact, finished spraying much of the kit, since its all black. just waiting to post my wip photos.

I found an old Heller Super Etendard in my stash.

Can I do a SuE loaner from France that was used briefly by the Iraqis from 1983 1985?

5 bird were loaned. They accounted for at least 22 ships sunk/destroyed during the Tanker War in their short stay with the Iraqi Air Force, before the surviving 3 were returned to the French Navy upon delivery of Iraq's own Exocet capable Mirages F1 EQ5.

Apparently, the SuE were flown without national insignia (just number markings on the nose). The only picture I found online (heavily censored but with Iraqi AF insignia and Iraqi flag) was attached to bad edd's build here on ARC forum.

irakisue.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I'll enter with a 1:32 Tamiya F-4D - probably the Vietnam-era markings from the box. Started the kit 2 weeks ago, and stumbled on this GB tonight.

Will post some in-progress shots this coming weekend.

Dan (aka ALF)

• 2 weeks later...