Decided to do a strictly OOB Super Etendard...

The Gone But Not Forgotten theme is a loaner from France that was used briefly by the Iraqis from 1983-1985 to strike at neutral tankers in the Persian Gulf. This caused quite a stir at that time. The five SuE loaned accounted for at least 22 ships sunk/destroyed during the Tanker War in their short stay with the Iraqi Air Force, before the survivors were returned to the French Navy upon delivery of Iraq's own Exocet capable Mirages F1 EQ5...

10 weeks later, the photographic evidence is finally uploaded at the eleventh hour.

IMG_4830.jpg

IMG_4831.jpg

The statistics:

1) No aftermarket product was harmed or used in the entire build;

2) It was almost OBB (only plastic card, stretch sprue, copper wire, some "spare" decals from another kit and paint were added).

3) ALL items used (except for the TAMIYA spray cans and copper wires for the ejector seat) are at least 20 years old :woot.gif:.

4) This is my FIRST completed model in 21 years (last one was finished in 1988 before I went to university).

Cheers,

Giles

Edited by giles

Here's my last entry: Hobbycraft 1/144th RF-84F with HaHen decals. The drop tanks are still being painted (had a little mishap) but the plane is done and presentable now. If I ever get my hands on another one of these kits, I'm going to do the 3-tone scheme. Anyways, on to the photos.

DSCN2720.jpg

DSCN2722.jpg

DSCN2724.jpg

DSCN2726.jpg

As you can probably see, the decals silvered (nothing wrong with the decals, I just didn't have a glossy enough surface before I put them on). I also added a little detail to the cockpit and made front landing gear doors out of aluminum. Well, I had fun w/this GB and I hope you all did too!

:thumbsup:

John

EDIT: I know it's past the deadline, but here's the model complete w/the fuel tanks.

DSCN2731.jpg

Edited by John King
  • 2 months later...

Well Chris has finally finished it after receiving the tail flashes a day or two ago. So without further ado here is Chris' 1/48 Italeri Mirage IIIE converted to IIIO specs in low-vis RAAF 77 Squadron Markings.

Regards

Andrew :cop:

DSC02810.jpg

DSC02811.jpg

DSC02812.jpg

DSC02813.jpg

DSC02814.jpg

DSC02815.jpg

DSC02816.jpg

DSC02817.jpg

Edited by Andrew Doppel