My Insipration to do a VMFA-334 F-4 was that I haven't seen a 334 F-4 and never built one so I started my research and found out that 334 Lost a pilot in Vietnam who was from here in San Diego (El Cajon) where alot of us san diego arcers' have our model club. and came in contact with some 334 members and have been invited to their reunion to give them these model. Plus being a Former Marine it just felt right.

http://www.virtualwall.org/dd/DeleidiRA01a.htm

Edited by ThunderGrunt

The first photo is of an Atlas a few seconds after launch from Vandenberg AFB, California, (USAF photo). The second photo is the unit patch for the 578 Strategic Missile Squadron at Dyess AFB, Texas, (my first assignment in the USAF after tech school)

AtlasF009A.jpg

8-1-20083-59-02PM_0009.jpg

Darwin

Edited by yardbird78
My Insipration to do a VMFA-334 F-4 was that I haven't seen a 334 F-4 and never built one so I started my research and found out that 334 Lost a pilot in Vietnam who was from here in San Diego (El Cajon) where alot of us san diego arcers' have our model club. and came in contact with some 334 members and have been invited to their reunion to give them these model. Plus being a Former Marine it just felt right.

http://www.virtualwall.org/dd/DeleidiRA01a.htm

Our club does a lot of vet builds and I have helped out on a number of them. To me that's the best reason to build a kit.

• 1 month later...

Just a thought from a airline geek, would a retired airliner be OK? I've got an Airbus A320-100 which I'm doing, which I want to do as British Caledonian, and airline which is very much gone. The A320-100 is almost gone too....

• 2 months later...

As many of you probably know, I had an uncle who was killed in a Sabre crash in 1953 while flying with 421 Sqn RCAF. Through my research, I've met a gentleman who's the father of a co-worker. He flew Sabres with 421 Sqn in the late 50's and early 60's. He was also the Red Knight in 1964 and the lead of the Golden Centennaires. Mr. Slaughter was flying Sabre 23374 with the Red Indians when he had a flame out due to fuel exhaustion over Homburg, near Zweibrucken. As a result of his ejection, he's an inch shorter than he was before he punched out.

Bill Slaughter is the inspiration for my build. I can say, I know the pilot who flew the real deal of this very airplane that I've modelled.

Edited by AX 365