1/25 Trumpeter American LaFrance Pumper

Hey guys...

here it is...just out of the production line!!!!

a tremendous,tedious and long job,never ending and fortunately is finished!!!

Hope the client will be happy LOL!

Comments and criticism warmly welcome!

:salute:

DSCN2747.jpg

DSCN2748.jpg

DSCN2750.jpg

DSCN2753.jpg

DSCN2757.jpg

DSCN2756.jpg

DSCN2758.jpg

DSCN2762.jpg

DSCN2763.jpg

DSCN2764.jpg

Edited by Jack-Swiss
Supurb looking fire engine you've done there Jack!

Great paint job and nice pics too.

I'm sure youe client will be very happy with it.

Pete Brown

Thanks Pete!!!!!!

your words are very nice and I'm glad you like it!!!

on saturday it will leave and i'll tell ya what the clients will say about it!!!

Cheers

:)

WOW! fantastic job on the pumper.. I saw a few of these kits at the LHS and was undecided on getting one but after seeing this im off to get atleast one of them..

Tom

Thank you sooo much for your kind words Tom!!!

well...I wont recomend this kit anytime..at the end of the build it was almost becomin a "flying object" as my usual builds and make a nice flight into the wall!!!!!

but I hold on till the end and now i'm happy!

look...if you are a super firetruck fan buy one cause the final result is stunning speaking of dimensions and stuff but the plastic is incredibly of a poor quality,the fit...oh well dont talk about the fit....

parts dont join as perfect as in one of "our aircrafts build"!!!!

but for the display shelf is definetely a top products...will make a great scene!!!

Cheers dude

:)

That's great! I love fire trucks. Is that the Trumpeter kit?

Thanks mate!!!!!!I am happy of hearing your comments...

yep is the trumpy 1/25 scale one...326 plastic parts plus 20 PE...a big beast indeed!!!!

it' like 15 inches long and six tall....fiuuu big considering I build WWII aircrafts in 48 scale the most!!!

Cheers

:) and thanks again

Gee, I guess if I had read you thread title closer, I would've seen the part where you mention the word Trumpeter. :)

I have some of the AMT kits, surely the Trumpeter can't be harder to build than those?

I'll say it again, that build of yours came out great, I think the person that you built it for will be pleased.

Hey Jack,

I know you made it for a client, but if by chance you like fire trucks, you'll like this company.

It's called SSB Resins. They make fire and emergency apperatus.

The have a 1/25 Ford E-350 Ambulance kit and a L.A. County Ford Rescue Squad kit that are fantastic!

Here's their site;

http://ssbresins.com/

LAFDSquad106010.jpg

Pete Brown

Hey Jack,

I know you made it for a client, but if by chance you like fire trucks, you'll like this company.

It's called SSB Resins. They make fire and emergency apperatus.

The have a 1/25 Ford E-350 Ambulance kit and a L.A. County Ford Rescue Squad kit that are fantastic!

Here's their site;

http://ssbresins.com/

LAFDSquad106010.jpg

Pete Brown

AHHHHHH PUT AWAY THOSE PICS....AAHHHHH :o

I have them both always for THAT client...he's a full blown lover of firefighter and ambulance things!he's completely off!!!

Actually they scare me cause they are made of resin and I've never made a full resin kit!!!

do you know how they are???

I have them here under my eyes but cannot try fittin and things like that

Cheers

Nice, did you have any problems fitting the windshields? Yes, SSB is a good company, I have four of their kits, two in progress.

By windshields you mean those two "glasses"...if yes, no...they fitted perfectly!!!

I had very major issues with the interiors,the two columns in front and those damn PE at the base of the cabin,where you step inside the truck...just under the doors!(sorry dont know how to say them)

Cheers and thanks!!!

SOLD TODAY...IT'S GONE!!!!!

the client was amazed and very very happy!!!!!

I'm pleased and very happy he liked it!!!

450 dollars (300 euros) for it --> :salute:

next will be one of the ssb resin kit...I think the ambulance!!!

he's eagerly waiting for one of those but before that.....somet ime juuuust for me and my planes!!!!!

Cheers guys!!!

:thumbsup:

Very nice work.

The fit problems reminds me of the time I built the Trumpeter A-10. :thumbsup:

Regarding SSb Resins, I saw their site (I should'nt have seen it, now it's too late), and they make two kits. But what about the engines and ladder showcased on their sites ?

I know fire trucks are built on demand in real life, so none are identical. So if I understand, we buy from SSb the stuff we need to model a truck from a Fire Dep, and then we go on scratchbuilding ?

Very nice work.

The fit problems reminds me of the time I built the Trumpeter A-10. :thumbsup:

Regarding SSb Resins, I saw their site (I should'nt have seen it, now it's too late), and they make two kits. But what about the engines and ladder showcased on their sites ?

I know fire trucks are built on demand in real life, so none are identical. So if I understand, we buy from SSb the stuff we need to model a truck from a Fire Dep, and then we go on scratchbuilding ?

Thanks tom tom...Look,dont talk me again about the fit nor of the parts number!!!geez bad times bad times!!!!

anyway,I have two ssb resin for the same client which is givin me tons of those builds so I dont actually know exactly what ssb does but I can for sure tell you that if you order that you'll receive massive packages with lots of resin bits....decals,a big manual with a "how to build",well a lot of stuff so really nice but it's resin and there is pretty much work there to be done!

I have the two 1/24 trucks...the ambulance and the little firetruck-pickup!!!

nice but dunno how to make them LOL!

and another prob will be to find a superb gloss which will become hard rock....i dont know what to use though!!!

I think i'll give a try to laquer coats but since i use acrylics I'll need to pay a looooot of attention!

Cheers and thanks again

:worship:

Jack, considering the difficulty you had with that kit it turned out superb!

Very nice, clean job. :thumbsup: ......no wonder the client was pleased with it.

Cheers,

Jeff.

Hey Jeff!!!!

Thanks for the compliments,I really appreciate your words...your master words!!!!

Yeah he was jumping around...very happy LOL!!!!!

Cheers and thanks again dude

Thanks for the information.

For the paint, you should use lacquers. They will provide a better gloss once completed, since you're modeling emergency vehicles, they must shine because the people working with them usually takes pride in keeping them clean.

Some car modelers even use "real" car paint. But it does not handle like regular modeling paint.

Good luck with the resin. Wear a dust mask, and don't work in a hurry.

Good evening,

You could easily get Humbrol paints. They are widespread in Europe. Some don't like them for camouflaged schemes, but on emergency vehicles it would be excellent.

And what about the gloss???

which one would you suggest???

Cheers and thanks mate

PS:BTW I use MM enamel paints so we are there...right???maybe even better