1/25 Trumpeter American LaFrance Pumper

No no...sorry I was speaking about the gloss coat!

It is difficult to find a great gloss coat and since these builds will be always for client and for sure not for me I'm a bit concerned of "experimenting" lOL LOL!

Cheers

:thumbsup:

Are those kit decals? I've ridden on that wagon a few times, never knew a model of it existed. Is the client from that company(12)? IF you really want to detail it, have about 10 engineering students hanging out the windows screaming like little girls. VG

Thanks mate!!!!!!I am happy of hearing your comments...

yep is the trumpy 1/25 scale one...326 plastic parts plus 20 PE...a big beast indeed!!!!

it' like 15 inches long and six tall....fiuuu big considering I build WWII aircrafts in 48 scale the most!!!

Cheers

:salute: and thanks again

I was just gonna ask what the dimesions were, and you already answered..WOW!!!!

It so NEAT and love the details on it!!

I am msure your client LOVE THIS! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by HOLMES
  • 1 year later...

Jack,

Good job on the Trumpeter ALF.

The only real fit issues I've had with the two that I have built in the past were the drive shafts, and the windshields.

Here are the two I built:

MF2a.jpg

MF3a.jpg

I'm currently working on a third one that will have an all new front bumper, pump section, and body as well as extensive mods to the interior and probably chassis.

For those who are interested in building the old AMT kits, or the newer Trumpeter kit, go here:

www.scalefirehouse.com

They have a good walkaround of the actual College Park MD engine in the Trumpeter kit. They also have a section on how to improve the kits

Edited by Jeff_C
Very nice work.

The fit problems reminds me of the time I built the Trumpeter A-10. :bandhead2:

Regarding SSb Resins, I saw their site (I should'nt have seen it, now it's too late), and they make two kits. But what about the engines and ladder showcased on their sites ?

I know fire trucks are built on demand in real life, so none are identical. So if I understand, we buy from SSb the stuff we need to model a truck from a Fire Dep, and then we go on scratchbuilding ?

Tom,

From what I understand the ladders and the 'Scope are planned for future releases if there is a high enough demand.