OOO Might have a Hasegawa J model lying around with some aftermarket :o

Jim

I mainly do USAF F-4's but a J can be turned into a C or D with a little bit of work :whistle: I do have a S in the build pile though,gonna do it up Marine style :banana: Give me a shout and we'll hash out details.

Hey I finished a Bug in the timeframe, may not have been the one intended, but I still got one done - hope you've started crating up those kit's Jim. You've got just over 5 weeks to go my friend... mwah haa haa haa haaaaaa.

All you kits are belong to me!

(Nice work on the paint job BTW).

Great work Jim. I really just wanted to taint (that's right I said taint) your thread with a Ravens logo. Ha ha! :banana:

That's Ok Geoff my Stillers took care of business and now we own the division :blink:

Jim

Edited by Hornet78

Hey Dave

The brown incerts were just about right on for the Hasegawa bombs. I mean the were mere micron off so it's not a big deal. My only grip was the striping. In the instructions it's not to clear as to which stripe use. On one the stripe was right up against the seeker head and the other was a ways down the body of the bomb. The smallest of the stripes wouldn't fit all the way around so I went with the medium one and moved it up the body a bit. I was using the decals in the grouping of 3 that were to be used on the 500 Lbs JDAMS as the other stripes that are grouped in the duel sets were to thick in width. So maybe I sed the wrong ones but they looked more correct to my eye but what do I know ;-) All the other printing and stencils were great!!

Jim

Edited by Hornet78
As a heads up, the blue runs into the pivot arms for the speed brake. I found this pic somewhere on the internet

2145606948_34dd640efb.jpg

GREAT, now I have to go back and retouch it, and then again maybe not :) And when did they have a GPS unit on the spine???? O well maybe I'll have to add that too. Thanks for the info/pic and the heads up!!!!

Cheers

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

A few pic's of the progress so far. I didn't bother correting the aft spine stripe. It was just to late in the progress of the model to bother with. Hopefully I'll get it all together in time since I;m trying to protect my stash from a raid by someone from NZ but if I dont' that party will have to come see me :explode: So without further ado.

IMG_4205.jpg

IMG_4203.jpg

IMG_4204.jpg

Jim

Looks like I screwed up the position of the #300 on the flaps according to the picture. I went with the instructions so that was my mistake althought it always seams like you find the pc you were loking for after you need it and it's too late. :explode:

Jim

Thats really looking sweet Jim. I actually like your spine paint better than the real deal!! Whens the eta for it to be finished??

Thanks guys! Mikey , I'm shooting for the end of the month so Craig won't be able to confiscate my collection when he comes for the 2010 Nats.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Well no joy on finishing :touche: Wife and kid went away for a week and I got exactly 2 hours in on the build. I had to work 4 of the 7 days they were gone "24 hour shifts" and the 3 days I did have went to putting up Christmas decorations and doing the Thanksgiving thing with mom and friends. So I can post pic's of how far I have gotten which is the legs and gear are on with the gear doors.

Jim

Ok here are the pic's. Now to Craig ,come and get the collection, I warn you though, you might have a bit of a fight on your hands LOL.

IMG_4218.jpg

IMG_4220.jpg

IMG_4219.jpg

IMG_4221.jpg

IMG_4222.jpg

IMG_4223.jpg

On the last pic I added a confetti piece to the pod lens, I used Dave Roofs MFD trick to accomplish this. The pic's don't do it justice. Also the blue on the burner can covers is the same as the spine of the A/C but the flash really lightened it up.

Jim

Edited by Hornet78

Dude, that is a sweet looking hornet! I think that the intake covers look awesome and the finish on the jet is just great! I bought the Hasegawa kit with a gift card with those decals and I think that it will build into something really nice, yours looks great!