tu-4 awacs question - engines specifically

Just rolling it over in my mind for now...

Since joy is going for the price of my soul, I was musing about scratchbuilding a tu-4 awac. I saw Craig's conversion. He used an An-12 for two of the engines left out of the Cutting Edge set.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=153876

Anyone make resin engines for this kit? It'd probably be cheaper to use the An-12 and discard the rest anyway though.

John

Just rolling it over in my mind for now...

Since joy is going for the price of my soul, I was musing about scratchbuilding a tu-4 awac. I saw Craig's conversion. He used an An-12 for two of the engines left out of the Cutting Edge set.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=153876

Anyone make resin engines for this kit? It'd probably be cheaper to use the An-12 and discard the rest anyway though.

John

Wait... resin engines for a resin conversion kit, or resin engines for the Roden An-12? I guess it doesn't matter, since the answer is a resounding "no" in either case. The Roden kit doesn't need resin engines, and nobody is going to produce aftermarket engines for an aftermarket conversion set that included the engines in it...

J

• 3 weeks later...

The original idea was that if I bought the Roden kit (or aftermarket engines only), I could steal the engines and scratchbuild the rest of the stuff for a Tu-4 AWACS. That way I wouldn't have to rob a bank/trade my first born/ contact a mafia loan shark/ or sell my car to buy the Cutting Edge set.

You two are joy stealers. <_<

Maybe Dave's evil twin Chinese brother will steal all of the molds and start up another company (not the evil cousin that's selling stuff on ebay).

John