So who is packed and ready to go???

I've got half of my models (21) packed in their travel boxes. I have to get some more hollow fiberfill tomorrow, and that task will be finished. Gathered up all of my OOB instruction sheets, and printed out all the Model Registration forms Sunday. I plan to hit the road Wednesday morning around 0200-0300.

Well, we're halfway there..stopped in Cambridge, OH for the night. We got away a couple hours later than I'd planned, but we still managed to sqeezed in a quick visit to the Air Force Museum. Tomorrow it's through the Blue Ridge Mountains and on to the Beach!

SN

Climbing the walls at work today, the first member of our party is already half way to Atlanta for the gathering, we'll pull out around 6:30 tomorrow morning, and should arrive to the show mid-afternoon. Now I just have to finish marking time here today....

Oh s**t, the Nats are THIS WEEK? Jeezus, I better get crankin'!

In all seriousness, I've been running around like a madman since Saturday prepping the Ritgerwaffe for a maximum strength show, in between bottle feedings, diaper changes, doing dishes, cleaning the house for ANOTHER round of family visits to see the new kid, and trying to fit the occasional meal and nap in there. And I'm trying my best to have one new project on the table for the show... it's probably not a winner, but it IS a doozy and will certainly turn a head or two. :)

See you guys out at the Beach!

In all seriousness, I've been running around like a madman since Saturday prepping the Ritgerwaffe for a maximum strength show, in between bottle feedings, diaper changes, doing dishes, cleaning the house for ANOTHER round of family visits to see the new kid, and trying to fit the occasional meal and nap in there. And I'm trying my best to have one new project on the table for the show... it's probably not a winner, but it IS a doozy and will certainly turn a head or two. :)

Check your emails about diapers....

Getting ready to step out of the house now, see you all there. I am going to donate blood after I get there, the place I work gives you four hours paid time for that and that will cover my driving time up there.

Well the clothes are in the dryer ready to be packed up in the family truckster and tommorow morining,off we go!! I figure we'll get down there in the afternoon, check in the room and hit the convention!!

See ya all down there!!

Hi Guys

I am currently sitting half way from NY to Virginia beach in Dover De. I am now within a stones throw being just over 150 miles to go . I have so far endured a 175 mile drive through Saturday British weather, Raining all the way to Heathrow. Follwed by a 6.75 hrs trans atlantic flight on a B777 of Air India(very good flight) into JFK. a day in New York (over priced and over rated!) and a day on the road. We are stopping here for another 24 hrs then on to VB for Thursday afternoon. All tolled about 3000 miles so far See you guys there

John

Sleep's highly overrated. :)

Matt :)

Well, we're here at the Red Roof in Va Beach. Covered pretty much exactly 1000 road miles in the past 36 hours. :bandhead2:

The first hundred miles or so were driving through the mountains in torrential rain..not fun! But things dried out in time to see some spectacular scenery. It was getting dark when we got into town, but we went over to the convention center to check it out..looks pretty snazzy. I'm glad we decided not to stay down by the beach..the whole strip was absolutely mobbed. Guess we're just not into hanging out with the wild and crazy crowd anymore (heck, I don't think we ever were!) We'll probably make it to the beach at some point this week, but it's not a huge priority.

Looking forward to the show tomorrow! :deadhorse1:

Steve & Mandie

Well, we're here at the Red Roof in Va Beach. Covered pretty much exactly 1000 road miles in the past 36 hours. :bandhead2:

The first hundred miles or so were driving through the mountains in torrential rain..not fun! But things dried out in time to see some spectacular scenery. It was getting dark when we got into town, but we went over to the convention center to check it out..looks pretty snazzy. I'm glad we decided not to stay down by the beach..the whole strip was absolutely mobbed. Guess we're just not into hanging out with the wild and crazy crowd anymore (heck, I don't think we ever were!) We'll probably make it to the beach at some point this week, but it's not a huge priority.

Looking forward to the show tomorrow! :deadhorse1:

Steve & Mandie

How's the motel??, I'll be hitting the road to get Bug in a couple hours...see you tomorrow (later today :bandhead2: )

Hi all not me too far for me too go, Columbus next year I see some using my trick stay at a hotel just outside the city and it is very affordable the RED ROOF is a great hotel very comfortable and cheap but not tacky enjoy the show and post alot of pics hopefully i get to meet some you next year and stay out of the heat

The hotel is fine, although since we made our reservation at the last minute we ended up with a handicapped-accessible room. Apparently disabled folks don't need tables or bathroom counters, since there aren't any in our room, and the bathroom mirror also only comes up to my neck. :cop: Looks like the show doesn't open up until 2:00, so we've got a few hours to kill.

Of course, by the time CD gets this, he and Bug will be here. :bandhead2:

SN

The conversation at Fortress LemonJello went something like this:

I'm all set, the bags are packed, the car is ready and...what? What's that? I'm NOT going to Nats this year? WHY!?!? Oh, I couldn't take leave and we have to drive to Illinois over Labor Day for a family reunion? REALLY?!?! Can't we tell them I'm deployed and won't make it? Oh, we told them we'd be there AND we're looking forward to it. Who would do something like that? Oh, I did? Really? Was I drunk at the time? No? Well...darn.

Well, I can always hope for next year, I suppose.

Edited by LemonJello