"Task Force Ranger" Dio, 1/35 scale........

Hey guy's,

How longs this forum been up?........i didn't even know it existed until i stumbled on it today. :worship:

Some great work here fellas, its very interesting to see the talent that is displayed here covering all fields of modelling subjects. :shoot:

Anyway, this is a little Dio i did a couple of years ago based on the events of Somalia with Delta and Ranger Operators.Humvee is Tamiya, and figures are Dragon "Delta Force" with a few modifications and Hornet heads.

Rimg1568.jpg

Rimg1566.jpg

Rimg1565.jpg

Rimg1564.jpg

Rimg1563.jpg

Cheers fellas,

Jeff.

Thanks guys, much appreciated. :banana:

I've got some other stuff i'll put up when i get a chance.

Very nice little dio.

If you don't mind, it would be even better if you can add the tire's tracks on the ground.

Possible to get more closer pics of the figs?

:)

Thanks Antoine, actually i thought the ground in Mogadishu would of been so rock hard the vehicle wouldn't of left much of an inprint, thats probably why i didn't give it a thought, but i suppose i could of scuffed up a bit of a track where the wheels went.

I'll try and get some closer pics of the figs, but i only have my SLR camera without a macro lens, and the normal one doesn't like to get up too close, i'll see what i can do. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Jeff.

Jeff,

Very nice work. The figs and the Hummer are VERY well done. If I may suggest. To make the setting more obvious, I would try a new base with a look that shows that this is happening in a city (a relative term to be sure) with a more built up look. As it is now, it could be pretty much any third world desert setting. Though run down to a shambles, Mogadishu did still have some indications that it was once a functioning city. Perhaps a wall with a gate, an electrical pole or a delapidated commercial sign of some sort.

Great job!

Jeff,

Very nice work. The figs and the Hummer are VERY well done. If I may suggest. To make the setting more obvious, I would try a new base with a look that shows that this is happening in a city (a relative term to be sure) with a more built up look. As it is now, it could be pretty much any third world desert setting. Though run down to a shambles, Mogadishu did still have some indications that it was once a functioning city. Perhaps a wall with a gate, an electrical pole or a delapidated commercial sign of some sort.

Great job!

Thanks a lot JB.

Yep, i know what you mean abot putting something else in the Dio, but to tell you the truth, it took me ages to complete this how it is, if i added anymore to it i would never of finished it.I don't really do Dioramas as its very hard to maintain the interest, thats why i kept this fairly simple.I have a big interest in Special Forces stuff and i mainly just wanted to depict the Delta and Ranger guys in a little scene.

Thanks for the input and interest, always appreciated. :thumbsup:

Jeff.

Hey Jeff,

That is some awesome work there mate. I love the weathering on your barrels and the corragated iron sheets - truely inspiring. Looking forward to your other stuff.

Geoff

Thanks a lot Geoff, much appreciated!

Keep up the good work on the Abrams mate, very nice work on the turret baskets. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Jeff.

• 3 weeks later...