Hi all,

EDIT:A change of direction for this build, the original scheme has been dropped and it will now be done in an NSAWC F-16B scheme.

I had actually started this model before i had purchased my Super Hornet, but once i had the SH in my hands with Twobobs Decals, i couldn't resist building it straight away, so this one sat in the cupboard for a while until just recently.

I've finally got a few things done on this one and have gotten off my lazy backside, and taken a few in-progress pics. :wacko:

First off, the cockpit.Since this build will be with Canopy closed i didn't go overboard on the cockpit.I just used the kit pit, but replaced the seats with Avionix one's, as the kit one's are horrible.I also modified the rear IP to represent the Block 15 one, as the kit one is for a Block 10 going by HABU's site.

IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1615.jpg

IMG_1624.jpg

Intake.

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

Here is the Aires Nozzle Ring attached and blended into the kit, which was a bit of a headache as the Aires part was quiet a bit smaller than the kit part.

IMG_1655.jpg

This pic shows the Aires Nozzle Ring fitted, plus the Cutting Edge Resin Parabrake which i grafted onto the kit fin as the CE one was just too warped.

IMG_1642.jpg

Aires Resin P&W Nozzle.I still have to put the red "NO PUSH" decals on then flat coat the shiny bits.

Img_1668m.jpg

Img_1674m.jpg

Thats it for now,thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Jeff.

Edited by Gambler
Wow, nice pit and nozzle.

Don't forget the seat rails, though.....

looking forward to more.

Cheers,

M

Aaarrrhhhh, i didn't even notice the Avionix seats didn't have the rails!.....i just assumed they were complete :) Oh well, the canopy's glued on now, so unless i have a change of heart thats how they'll have to stay. :D .........with tinted canopy closed you can't see too much in there anyway, thats why i didn't use an AM pit.Just goes to show though that you should double check everything!.........Thanks Matt. :wub:

Cheers,

Jeff.

Edited by Gambler

Ok, onto the Wheel Wells and Landing Gear.

Like the exhaust ring, the Aires main wheel well was a bit small, so i added a piece of plastic strip to one end of it to fill in the gap lengthways and filled in the gaps on the sides with Magi Sculpt putty, (which i have not added yet when this pic was taken.)

IMG_1601.jpg

The Main Well painted up.(I wish Aires would include Decals or Placards with their sets).

IMG_1724.jpg

IMG_1679.jpg

Nose Gear Well.

IMG_1693.jpg

Landing Gear parts ready for installation.(The main wheels aren't the correct pattern for this Jet, but i couldn't find anyone that did the correct ones, so these will have to suffice).

IMG_1703.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Jeff.

Edited by Gambler

Hey Jeff your pushing along now. Boy am I glad that I wasn't the only one who found the aires main bay too small, nice save though. I love the look of twin tub canopy closed. What are you going to hang off her?

That is some top notch work!!!!!

gambler your work here and on previous threads never cease to amaze me!

I like (apart from the detail etc) the neat way you do your job...the painting is absolutely superb!!!!!

:D

Cheers

:cheers: