F-14 A VF-21 FreeLancers Atsugi June 95'

DEAR ARC-ers

Few years past after my last model was born. My lovely daughter is 3 years old lady now, meanwhile I met few ARC-er face to face and met a nice Tomcat Gurus and Fans at 2006 NAS OCEANA - Oompa, Brian 'Fightertown...', and few others - I miss you guys ...ok don't cry and of course I say goodbye to Tomcat Lady at Tomcat Sunset

3 years it's a lot of time for some changes - I buy new apartment and haven't time for even write something at ARC forum, Tomcat's forum etc...

Now I start to change this - first was a place to do plastic modeling - workbench is finaly done,second a nice Tomcat model- so F-14 A from Hasegawa fits perfectly.

I add some extra parts from AIRES - cocpit and Exhaust and some parts from Fujimi Tomcat. Sorry for pure pics, I will try to upload better pics in future.

>>>Tomcatsky_live<<< :wacko:

The Begining few years ago...

P1020686.jpg

REGARDS :blink:

Edited by TOMCAT14

Looking good Artur.

One thing to watch for is when adding the side walls, this tends to "bulge" the fuselage sides, and the canopy does not fit correctly.

When I built mine, the canopy was curing from the Klear (Future) dip, and I forgot to test fit with it. As a result if I close the canopy now, it looks "off".

Aires7163_019.jpg

HTH

Thanks Andy for a nice tip, I think to open the Canopy but it's a really good advice anyway. I will test and put some photos in tread with canopy closed so be patient folks for any updates in the subject

Regards:)

Hello , few more pics waiting on upload I hope you like it..

As Andy advice I did some test with canopy and also I start scrachbuild a small ladder bay...( unfortunately My Women return from vacation so work will slow a little bit )

Canopy2.jpg

Canopy6.jpg

Canopy7.jpg

Ladder3.jpg

Ladder1.jpg

Ladder.jpg

Regards.. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Some little updates - cocpit is ready for painting ( seats get the PE )

CocpitReady.jpg

CocpitReady1.jpg

Hello Artur, a very good job.

As I will have the same problem with the BB/Avionix cockpit can I ask you how did you remove all that resin mass around the side consoles? Manual file only or some circular saw disc mounted on an electric microdrill?

I need to remove all the resin i can laterally and down the side consol to fit the vulcan drum bay (port side) and the oxygen bay (starboard side) but I'd like to preserve the raised detail and I also don't want to lift (and breathe) too much resin dust in my little room.

thx and regards,

Luca

Thanks Guys for a nice comments.

Luca, I used Multirotor Proxxon tool with some mixed parts with Dremmel stuff ( it's more popular nowadays here in Poland, so most of Hypermarkets have some useful Dremel parts to buy )

Here it is :

P1030464.jpg

I have the same problem - I hate resin and all resin-dust made by Proxxon operation ( I have also a little 3 years old daughter ) so ...maybe it's funny but I used a very nice place to do all work with resin - it's a WC or Toilet - small place, always you can closed the door , and major thing - water gravity system used in High Buildings in 'special chair' system just sucked all dust as a magneto - so After you finished your work - just flushed water and that's it , clean and ready place for 'drop bombs' of course clean the area before you start the job ( used Domestos or etc...stuff )

• 1 month later...

Great comments - Thank You Arcers...

James, I have a lots of small diameter ( 0,2 ; 0,3 mm ) cables from SMD electronic elements so everything useful I try to recycle ( : )) . Those cables have a nice plastic-ruber (?) isolation material so two things in one - small,tinny cable for instalation and isolation for much more 'fat' job like those pipes.

I will try to do some pics for whole recycle process.

Artur,

It was great to hang out with you guys at the sunset! if you're ever back in the US, swing through the midwest or the south and we'll host you guys for a night or two :thumbsup: (maybe I can even get Marbrey to come over from Huntsville, lol). my "Tomcatsky" patch sits proudly with all of the rest of the patches on my shelf, I consider it a very rare item to have here in the US :D

I always look forward to an F-14 build from team "Tomcatsky", you guys do really awesome builds. I'll be watching this one closely!

Cheers,

-Jeremy (the big tall one)

Edited by Skull Leader
Artur,

It was great to hang out with you guys at the sunset! if you're ever back in the US, swing through the midwest or the south and we'll host you guys for a night or two :cheers: (maybe I can even get Marbrey to come over from Huntsville, lol). my "Tomcatsky" patch sits proudly with all of the rest of the patches on my shelf, I consider it a very rare item to have here in the US :D

I always look forward to an F-14 build from team "Tomcatsky", you guys do really awesome builds. I'll be watching this one closely!

Cheers,

-Jeremy (the big tall one)

It's nice to hear about our patch Jeremy :unsure:

Unfortunately we also suffer of low number of patches. I think we have to order some more. Also triangle one.

Visit in US? Yeah, that would be nice to meet You Guys again and talk a little bit more!

Personally, I also still feel great need to take some photos of any museum F-14 with TF-30 engine before I start to build my Alpha Tomcat.

About Art's F-14... Well, it will be definitely his best model :woo: