Revell 1/48 H-34 & Wessex

Hi all.

As mainly an Airplane modelers, I'm not very expert of chopper kits.

A my friend is selling part of its colelction and I saw in the list a couple of old Revell kits, the H-34G and the Wessex HAS.3

I know they are quite rare end sometine expansive on Ebay, but are buildable and there are detailing sets/decals available?

After a quick search noting interesting sorted out.... :thumbsup:

Any inormation about that?

Thanks for looking.

Regards.

Marco

:worship:

Hi Tanks,

thanks for the reply.

I hope to see some resin soon, especially for the Wessex because I like it's ugglyness...

About the H-34, I think it can be sold here for a fair price without going on Ebay, anyone interested??? :thumbsup::whistle::whistle:

Thanks again.

Regards.

Marco

:salute:

Edited by phantomfan
Hi Tanks,

thanks for the reply.

I hope to see some resin soon, especially for the Wessex because I like it's ugglyness...

About the H-34, I think it can be sold here for a fair price without going on Ebay, anyone interested??? :thumbsup: :lol: :o

Thanks again.

Regards.

Marco

:salute:

How much, I just gave the one I had away :crying:

Cosidering that is complete, but without the original box, could €20 plus shipping be fine? :)

If my brother doesn't want it, I would entertain such an offer.

for sure they are builable ...

...but don' set your eypectations too high. The kits are from the eighties and very simple detailed. Especially in cockpit and intereior. Cutting Edge did a resin set with resin party for the cockpit and single main wheel struts in white metal -> extremely hard to find as it is long out of prod.

The kit provides v-struts for the main gear only. (also for wessexes). There are a couple of mistakes: - the most significant- wrong proportions of the cockpit and gearbox area and too short nose. The Wessex HU.5/ HCC.2 nose parts are really crap as well as the exhaust tubes. Building a Wessex with a reasonable result and without a trmendous amount of work is impossible. I know only two good 1:48 Wessex models, one HAS.3 of MosesNG (check out HKN) and a HC.2 (checkout HKN DG and Scale Rotors)

If you ask me, the prices are too high for this kit ... I would not invest more than 25 US$ on them

And put your hand on your heart: Why should any resin manufacturer do resin bits for a kit which is not available on the market anymore for almost 15 years now? They're all economically operating companies....