I just got my 1/35 OH-58D update...

I just got in the update set and it looks awesome!

The detail is really nice and crisp and the instructions are clear and well represented with photos (something I have had issues with in the past with companies like Black Box).

Only one little thing was broken (and I have no idea what the part is), but it looks to be a very easy fix with some super glue.

All-in-all, I am very happy with the value for the money!

Great job, Floyd! :monkeydance:

Also, I'm shocked at how deep the inlets are on the "cowling". I have no idea how you made that work considering its shape.

Here are some pics for those you who just have to see photos.

JED

IMG_3082.jpg

IMG_3083.jpg

I echo JED’s statement…I received mine today and was surprised at the level of detail. I also was surprised to see I received the doors. Many thanks Floyd…great set and I’ll be sure to post progress and finished pics.

Joe

Glad you liked them guys. I was unsure if I could get them out before I left for VA Beach. With the help of Joseph (casting) and my wife shipping I was able to pull it off. Glad you all like them. I am running out of the Kiowa sets so if any of you want them order them now or pick them up at the Nats. I think they will be gone shortly. Not sure if I'll do another run or not.

Floyd

Glad you liked them guys. I was unsure if I could get them out before I left for VA Beach. With the help of Joseph (casting) and my wife shipping I was able to pull it off. Glad you all like them. I am running out of the Kiowa sets so if any of you want them order them now or pick them up at the Nats. I think they will be gone shortly. Not sure if I'll do another run or not.

Floyd

Just make sure you still have mine for pick up on Saturday and nobody gets hurt..... :thumbsup:

My came in today as well. Very nicely done and sold at a great price as well. My only (constructive) criticism would be with the directions. Good text but not enough pictures/drawings to show where all the little parts go, just a suggestion to check the recommended reference (Floyd's OH-58 Walkaround). I plan on getting the book but some folks may not have the $ to purchase this.

Anyway, that should not turn anyone away from this kit. It is still worth every penny. I look forward to seeing what comes next. I'm sure Floyd already has something lined up but my particular wish (FWIW)would be to get a 1/35th update kit for a modern Blackhawk. It would include the Iraq intake dust filters, M-240 machine guns, the new missile launch sensors and a couple of extra flare dispensers. Throw in a Fireball decal set for OIF/OEF Blackhawks and I would be a very happy camper!

John

Edited by 11bee

Floyd,

Don't know if you want or need any ideas for future releases, but how about a pointy nose, Kiowa Stealth. Just flipping thru your OH-58D Walkaround, and that one really jumps out at me. That with the MPLH gear you are working on would really round out the Kiowa market.

Sincerely,

Crash

John, I dunno about current Blackhawks, but current Kiowa Warriors would be something that is do-able. Some of them even have nice markings. Here's a WIP:

OH-58DAzrael.jpg

Very nice Joseph. I really like those markings. Just out of curiousity, any ETA on these?

You can sign me up for a set whenever you release them, if they are even close to the quality of your Huey decals, they will be wonderful.

Regards,

John

Very nice Joseph. I really like those markings. Just out of curiousity, any ETA on these?

You can sign me up for a set whenever you release them, if they are even close to the quality of your Huey decals, they will be wonderful.

I second this, Joseph.

I'll take a set for sure.

JED

Received my set today. Been waiting on this a long time. All I can say, worth the wait. Beautiful casting, complete and easy to understand instructions. Fellow rotor heads,check it out, well worth the money.

Chuck

Hey Guys,

Did a little cutting and fitting today on the new engine cowling/doghouse. It fits great! Just take your time cutting and make sure the vertical cuts angle forward of the vertical on the bottom. PM me if you have questions. Fit is right across the top, spot on actually. Got some "L" shaped plastic rod today to help reinforce the join between the new cowling and kit fuse. It works great. I'll post some pics soon on my build.

Chuck

Floyd I really do wish this came in 1/48th scale!!! I know perhpas I'm the only who may have this wish/opinion but I just wish someone would release a conversion detail set or a kit of the OH-58D in 1:48th.

Edited by gremlin6