Curtiss Hawk III, '2503', 25 Pursuit Squadron, Nationalist Chi

Wonderful Sir!

Glad to see how well you rendered all the details in your model.

Congratulations, see you with your P-12B.

Bye!

Thank you, Sir!

And again, many thanks for the ventral photograph. Shutter-bugs at crash sites are a valuable resource for modelers.

Hi Old Man

This really is a master piece and I know this type of old MPM kit is made of!

Congratulations..

Patrick

Thank you, Sir!

I am glad it came out as well as it did, and would do some things differently were I to attempt it a second time.

The kit is certainly no stroll in the park, but it does have good surface detail and true lines, and that counts for a lot.

Interesting. I kinda assumed there would be a radiator insert inside the loop between the wheels. (I was guessing -- don't know the real plane much)

Thank you, Sir!

The ventral ring is an odd thing. In many ways, this machine was a lash-up with unanticipated consequences to the changes made in an older design. In service with the U.S. Navy as the BF2C-1, it was found that with a long-range tank or bomb on the center-line rack in the ventral channel, the air-stream often became turbulent and buffeted the tail surfaces badly. The ring channeled the air-flow in this area, and smoothed things out, fixing the problem. It was not always fitted when nothing was being carried on the center-line rack, so it is absent in many photographs of the type, but it was available and often employed on Chinese Hawk IIIs.

If you are interested in learning more about this machine, I have put up a bit of a history of it here:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=165168

Nice model Old Man.

I think your panel line treatment is a bit overpowering, but your green/yellow/khaki blend for the topside color is really nice. It gives your model a lot of character. Very nice model.

Nice model Old Man.

I think your panel line treatment is a bit overpowering, but your green/yellow/khaki blend for the topside color is really nice. It gives your model a lot of character. Very nice model.

Thank you, Sir!

I agree with you about the panel work. I do not do much of it, mostly building fabric covered subjects. I will say that some of its prominence owes to the camera: it is an old, low pixel one, and wife tweaks contrasts and things a bit to pop out the detail. In sunlight on the model the panel work on the olive is more subdued. But I certainly made the lines too dark on the undersurfaces. Since this one is going to be fixed on a stand, at least it will not be readily seen. I intend to learn from my mistakes here in one of my current projects, a P-26 for the Interwar G.B., which has a great many panel lines, many of them on yellow....