not only is this an AWESOME build, imagine how big it is! and the problem with a big kit, is it looks like a toy unless you put some BIG effort in. well done 10 million points to you!

Im with what the other guy said though, we need to have a pic of this thing with a average mug TV remote computer mouse or whatever in the pic.

• 2 months later...

I changed the loadout and replaced the BL.755 with AIM-9 for a change :coolio: So here are some more picture.

087_sidewinder.jpg

086_top.jpg

I also added a coin of 1 euro (as required earlier) so you can judge the size of that beast .. 1/24 is really a big scale. The good stuff is that weapons can be held in place with nothing but Bluetack B)

Now, I need your inputs gents. I think I messed the canopy when I tried to finish the model back in time for the Hoboken show. I glued the MDC on the canopy with spots of Gator's glue and I can see those spots clearly.

088_canopy.jpg

I have been considering the problem for a long time and I see 3 possibilities:

1. Don't do anything, I might do worse than good

2. Ask for a replacement by Airfix ... I received the lost parts I requested eventually at no charge from Airfix after my request on their website. It took a long time, but it was delivered..

3. remove the canopy, clean it and rebuilt it ...

Your input is most welcome.. is it worth it?

I think it´s worth doing something considering the quality of the rest of the kit...even if it´s just a minor detail it still bugs you.

So to get peace of mind you should do something about the cord. Luckily isn´t Gator glue water solluable? Shouldn´t be too hard to remove the cord and clean off the glue residue.

Couldn´t you just replace the cord again with better care? I´d say that glueing it on with Future would be the best way to go.

Cheers!

When I first saw the picture of the load out, I thought I was looking at the real thing. First thought that came through my mind is "Here's someone who's ambitious, how's he going to pull that one off?" WOW! Simply Stunning!

With regards to the Canopy, when I opened my Airfix Stuka, the rear canopy was broken. I fired an e-mail to Airfix and within 4 weeks I had a new tree of clear parts. In my opinion, if I was in your shoes, I would rebuild the canopy. At least I would put in a request for the parts should anything happen. Removing the existing one and trying to fix it up may leave residual marks from the first attempt.

Amazing kit though - excellent work!

I think it´s worth doing something considering the quality of the rest of the kit...even if it´s just a minor detail it still bugs you.

So to get peace of mind you should do something about the cord. Luckily isn´t Gator glue water solluable? Shouldn´t be too hard to remove the cord and clean off the glue residue.

Couldn´t you just replace the cord again with better care? I´d say that glueing it on with Future would be the best way to go.

Many thanks Aigore.

You're right, the simple fact that it still bugs me warrants action :thumbsup:

I'll first try to remove, clean and reattach it. If it doesn't work. I'll order a spare.

I fired an e-mail to Airfix and within 4 weeks I had a new tree of clear parts. In my opinion, if I was in your shoes, I would rebuild the canopy. At least I would put in a request for the parts should anything happen. Removing the existing one and trying to fix it up may leave residual marks from the first attempt.

Thanks Kostucha, yeah I also got some replacement from them already and they are quite fine to deal with. I'll first see if I can fix it to avoid unneccary cost for them, i'll order only if I can't fix it myself

Many thanks for all your input gents

• 3 weeks later...

Some more goodies in PE, scratch and resin from different sources for the diorama:

092_accessories.jpg

091_accessories.jpg

093_accessories.jpg

The Y loader is PE from Flightpath, as is the ladder, the FOD bin and other small goodies.

The extinguisher is scratch, I used the FP 1/48 as a reference

The resin figures are from the trumpeter Spitfire but I don't think I'll use them. they are too stiff

Instead, I think I'll strat looking for this :

24266.jpg

And convert them to RAF ground personnel. Too bad there's no pilot....

I have to tell you, I just love everything about this build.

Your work is just super.

I have a set of Rally figures I plan to use for a 1/25th IDF Centurion conversion I'm working on.

I found them on e-bay for a relative price. I didn't over pay.

Here is one of a few.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tamiya-1-24-Rally-Mech...p3286.m20.l1116

HTH.

Sincerely,

Mark

Superb quality build and a definite inspiration. I am hoping that Trumy will bring out their Harrier range soon. GR7 in 1/32 would be awesome.

If it were me, I would take off the canopy mate. You know you want to and you won't be happy until you sort the issue out will you?

Yeah, I guess there's no way around it, and matter of fact, that's exactly what I'm doing right now.

I tried to use those 1/24 figures to have a machanic clean the canopy to try to hide the defaults theres, but it doesn't cut it either. (Too hard for me to change the pose of the figures.

So repair on the canopy are under way

The next big challenge will be to make a Snow covered apron for the aircraft to be on. As it's often the case on those Far North airbases the Harriers deployed to.

Superb quality build and a definite inspiration. I am hoping that Trumy will bring out their Harrier range soon. GR7 in 1/32 would be awesome.

If it were me, I would take off the canopy mate. You know you want to and you won't be happy until you sort the issue out will you?

The next big challenge will be to make a Snow covered apron for the aircraft to be on. As it's often the case on those Far North airbases the Harriers deployed to.

I am very sure you have already looked at what you may use for snow - but I can recommend Microbaloons! Look just like real snow particularly in 1/24

base3.jpg

Taken from FPK website for discussion purposes.