No I'm not aware of the microballoons.

I plan on using Sodium bicarbonate withe white glue mixed with water. Usually gives good result

the base is already done - it's huge :salute:

I am very sure you have already looked at what you may use for snow - but I can recommend Microbaloons! Look just like real snow particularly in 1/24
No I'm not aware of the microballoons.

I plan on using Sodium bicarbonate withe white glue mixed with water. Usually gives good result

the base is already done - it's huge :)

Phenominal effort on a dog of a kit. True modeling craftsmanship in every sense.

Microballons are a lightweight filler used in the R/C hobby (among other things). Mixed with epoxy, they are used to fill gaps and shore up joints. I've also used them to fill gaps by runningn a bead of super glue and sprinkling on microballoons. However, it makes for a rock hard and nearly unsandable joint.

They would be great for simulating snow, though. I also have another idea - use white styrofoam turned into powder using a sandpaper. That way, you would get the sparkly effect of new snow.

Stew

• 1 month later...

Last update gents ;)

It was finished back in time for IPMS Wieze and i'll take the table shots from Stefan Buysse posted on another website to present the final product:

Snow was finally done with Sodium bicarbonate and weathered with smoke paint.The figures are not my speciality but they turned great finally

Pretty happy with the end result

Wieze74.jpg

Wieze75.jpg

Wieze78.jpg

Wieze77.jpg

Wieze73.jpg

Wieze76.jpg

It's been a great adventure and if you guys have that one in your stash, I know it's impressive and requires a lot of work but it's a hell of a model to build :)

Edited by Red Dog

Thanks gents

David, the hi vis jacket was made from wine foil (lead foild?) I find them on hi quality wine at the top. I always salvage them whenever we spend a good bootle ;)

nowadays, they are harder to find as they seem to be replaced by plastic

it was then cut to shape around the armless figure from above. then I cut out the arm & head holes. It's glued on both side of the figure, right under the arm.

Painting was done first in white, then masked and sprayed with revell SM312

First time I try one of those, but I guess they should be pretty standards on ground crews in bad visibility. Which should be the case in Norway for that dio