I will second what Waco has stated; it will look like a Raptor.

They have adequate references to do the thing up right (sans cockpit for obvious reasons) and I'm hoping that I was able to ping these guys enough to get them to add the SDB along with carriage unit to the kit.

Test shot in about three months time and the tooling is in a state now where it can still be tweaked so I hope our recommendations to them will find their way into the kit.

Marking options are still up in the air but we know which way they're leaning...

Bob,

Thanks for the info. Think I'll hold off on cracking open the Italeri box, and save my Raptor sheets for the Academy release. :monkeydance:

Well thank god for that!

I have to agree....we don't have test shots yet, all we know is that Academy is coming out with a kit. Let's wait until it's actually out before we let lose the hounds to shred the stupid thing to pieces.

Uh.....it's already in pieces....275 to be exact

I'm curious about why the Raptor cockpit is so classified. It seems like most modern aircraft have most of the stuff that people shouldn't see on on MFDs that, when off, are just blank screens surrounded by a bunch of unlabeled buttons. Same for the HUD, nothing to see there. I could see maybe some switch labels being sensitive, but if those are covered up, you just have a bunch of knobs and switches.

Edited by Dave Williams
It's the mouse pad and coffee cup holder that are really critical. Letting that design series out into the wild would be a dreadful loss.

Sweet! A mouse pad AND a coffee cup holder!?!?!? :thumbsup:

Can the mouse pad have any design on it? Or does it have to be just plain 36375?

jb

So when we finally get both the Academy 48th as well as the RoG 72nd to go along with the new released Trumpeter 144th Raptors will ARC have a mini Waco group build? The winner gets the official Raptor mouse pad and travel mug (rated spill proof up to 9.3G's)

Matt

Just a sign saying it will have 275+ parts, Full weapon bay detail, AIM-9X,AIM-9l/M,AIM-120C and JDAMS. I will press for more info tommorow!

AIM-9X! :thumbsup: :( :thumbsup::yahoo: At least Revell of Germany and now Academy have shown how important the Raptor needs this missile. I hope they don't forget to include a pilot figure with this kit too, with options for the JHMCS and one with the HGU-55P.

They have adequate references to do the thing up right (sans cockpit for obvious reasons) and I'm hoping that I was able to ping these guys enough to get them to add the SDB along with carriage unit to the kit.

SDB would be great! This would make this kit truly unique. Keep pressing them!

I don't think Waco can answer that....OPSEC and everything.

But it might be something like what the Japanese are putting in their next-gen fighter:

boobpad.jpg

That mousepad and the others on the site (yeah I looked...not gonna lie lol) are definitely WAY more interesting than the one I just got at Best Buy... :)

Hm...

Nah, too obvious!

About the Academy F-22, I hope they keep the construction as simple as possible, to avoid horrible fit issues..ala Italeri F-22.

Wait- are you saying that fit issues were the *only* problem with the Italeri kit? :thumbsup:

jb

• 1 month later...

So, any news yet? I was tackling my second Italeri Raptor that everyone loves and was looking to see if anyone discussing about this and found this thread. Wow, that sounds good. I wished it was Tamiya tho. But if its good, I will get a few. Raptor is the X-Wing Fighters for me, love them!

B

I wished it was Tamiya tho. But if its good, I will get a few.

Same here. I also wish it were a Tamiya or Hasegawa offering because we can usually count on them for a quality model offering. Academy is usually a hit or miss thing so hoping they don't rush it and instead concentrate on producing a quality Raptor model.

Same here. I also wish it were a Tamiya or Hasegawa offering because we can usually count on them for a quality model offering. Academy is usually a hit or miss thing so hoping they don't rush it and instead concentrate on producing a quality Raptor model.

Well, who knows how long Academy's been working on this, so it could be pretty well tooled to this point. The problem with the other two is that there is definitely one thing you can count on- it would be super expensive, and these days- like it or not- that's a pretty big concern. Not that it will be $12 coming from Academy, but given the amount of plastic for a 1/48 F-22, I think it would be a $70-80 model from Tamyia or Hasegawa.

I'm patiently waiting to see this release from them. It can't be as bad as Italeri's kit.

Well, ok, so it can, but I'm hoping it won't be.

jb

Well, who knows how long Academy's been working on this, so it could be pretty well tooled to this point. The problem with the other two is that there is definitely one thing you can count on- it would be super expensive, and these days- like it or not- that's a pretty big concern. Not that it will be $12 coming from Academy, but given the amount of plastic for a 1/48 F-22, I think it would be a $70-80 model from Tamyia or Hasegawa.

I'm patiently waiting to see this release from them. It can't be as bad as Italeri's kit.

Well, ok, so it can, but I'm hoping it won't be.

jb

You're right. One thing I wouldn't like about a 1/48 Tamiya or Hasegawa Raptor would be the price. But I admit I wouldn't hesitate to shell out some bucks to get one, or two, or three. :P And yeah, anything would be a huge step up from the Italeri one. :deadhorse1:

Edited by Raptor Supporter

Here keeping me fingers crossed! I wonder how come Revell didn't kit this?

B