Mystery part of US WWII plane

Last weekend I was walking thru the forest looking for mushrooms (very popular in Poland). I'm not so good in this case, but I'm happy because I found a part of construction of US plane from WWII era. Unless I guess. I'm not sure. Frankly speaking I love Mustang, Spitfire and few other WWII planes but I'm not able to recognize which plane this part belongs to. I hope to find help from one of You. Maybe You'll find this part on some pictures of real planes. It's an aluminium part and as You can see it's a little bit twisted. It's about 80cm long.

I have some information about Liberator whitch was shoot down during bombing mission over Kędzierzyn Koźle city in Poland back in 44'. This plane crashed near Krupski Młyn village. One of the crew members is still alive. Some guys in Poland are going to take a movie about this mission.

http://www.liberator.b-24.pl/

The place where I found this part is on probably course from Kędzierzyn Koźle to Krupski Młyn. So this might be a part of B-24 but as I mentioned I don't have certainty.

Photos

UNKNOWN_AIRPLANE_PART01.jpg

UNKNOWN_AIRPLANE_PART02.jpg

UNKNOWN_AIRPLANE_PART03.jpg

UNKNOWN_AIRPLANE_PART04.jpg

UNKNOWN_AIRPLANE_PART05.jpg