Ok so far we have the 3 32nd Trumpy Brit stuff - Typhoon, Lightning and Swordfish

Academy 48ths - Raptor (just a bit of news no sprues or built up so far) and MH-53 Sea Dragon (supposed to be October - MSRP - ???)

Over on HS is a mention of the MPM Spitfire Vc

Anything else release related?

Stuff I am curious about

The Revell F-14B that popped up earlier this week

Any Hobbycraft or Accurate Miniatures news? (Cougars, Allison Mustangs from HC...anything from AccMin)

Naturally from an uncompensated Trumpeter/Hobbyboss flack poster...anything other than the 3 kits mentioned?

Matt

Edited by Matt Roberts

I think part of the problem is that many people have already announced at other shows. The big Japanese manufacturers announce at the big Japanese shows, and the European manufacturers usually announce at the Nuremberg or UK shows. There are few remaining US manufacturers left to announce at their "home" show. On top of that, a number of announcements get made by companies on the internet before the shows. I don't think there has been too much earth shattering news at a US Nats for some years now.

Any Hobbycraft or Accurate Miniatures news? (Cougars, Allison Mustangs from HC...anything from AccMin)

I too was hoping something would be said about the Cougar, but last time I checked the list of vendors, Hobbycraft wasn't there.

Edited by Sabre Freak

Other than the already mentioned Trumpeter stuff I've only seen one other new release being shown.

That being the Dragon Bf110C-7 in 1/32 which looks pretty darned cool!

Bf110BoxArt800x.jpg

Bf110TestBuild1800x.jpg

Bf110TestBuild2800x.jpg

Bf110TestBuild3800x.jpg

The number of models on the contest tables is staggering! I'd have to guess at least 2,500...

I'd hate to be a judge in 1/48 props because there must be over 200 and a LOT of them look like winners.

I'll be posting lots more pictures on my thread on LSP.

No clue if it's the Fujimi kit or not...but the announcement shows a NP2000 equipped Hawkeye 2000 which is quite different from the Group II of the Fujimi boxing. Said in production now for a 4Q08 release.

FWIW - the Goffy model cockpit is for an E-2B with seats from a C-2. NOT accurate at all for a E-2C Group I/II/NU+ or HE2K.

Spongebob

The sign was small and you had to really look hard to find the Hasagawa booth, but there it was..1/72 Hawkeye due in 4Q 2008. The boxart clearly showed the GPS on top of the radome and the aircraft appeared to have the 6 bladed props. I asked the Hasagawa rep about it and he said "new tool, nothing to do with Fujimi.".

It was a disappointing show for release announcements, the only really new things were the Hasegawa E-2 and the Trumy Swordfish, everything else was old news. Unfortunately there are many manufacturers that are absent at the show. Trumpeter is the only one that really has established a consistent presence at the nats. Dragon does for the brands they import, but largely, that's through a subsidiary show. While there weren't many announcements, there were products on display. That was probably my biggest let down was Hasegawa. Considering that they had new items on display in Atlanta when the DX series of shows started with the nationals, it was a let down to not see anything there - especially when there were no new Hasegawa announcements at the Shizuoka show back in May. This is about the longest I remember Hasegawa going without some sort of major announcement. So far this year it's been the big P-40 and the Draken, and that's about it. Looks like there won't be much of anything for the end of the year either.

As far as the other manufacturers like Hobby Boss, while represented by MMD, so far MMD has not setup anything to represent Hobby Boss locally, and likely would use their own con that's in Dallas for such an opportunity.

IPMS needs to work to establish it's show as more of a trade show going forward, until then, announcements at nationals are going to be scarce.

A guy over at HS said that Hasegawa announced a new 1/72 E-2C Hawkeye Hawkeye

Can anyone confirm ?

Robert

I can't recall the site I saw it, but the boxart they were showing, showed it's not a Fujimi re-pop. It had the current style engines & 6-blade(?) props (in-flight artwork). I'm not a USN expert by any means, but they certainly weren't the 4-blade jobs!

Scott

Edited by Scott Hemsley