Well, as I'm currently reading Sharkey Wards book, what else would I do?

I actually started this a few weeks ago, but only now got the pics up on photobucket.

P40SHar009.jpg

Sprue and contents shot....

P40SHar010.jpg

Colour schemes..

P40SHar012.jpg

Being an ebay purchase, some parts were missing, so thanks to Tim Mansfield and Dave T (for the canopy), and spares from my last Harrier build I was able to complete it...

P40SHar015.jpg

P40SHar014.jpg

Edited by roym

Ok, I cheated a little. I sprayed a few parts on the sprue before I remembered to take the pics.... :thumbsup:

Hopefully you wont ban me!

Hole in fuse side filled. Have built about 6 of these over the years, never saw one short shot like this.

P40SHar011.jpg

Cockpit detail added. Some plastic card for the floor and back wall, IP and consoles have some home made copies of Modeldecal SHar and Fujimi F-14 instrument panel decals.

P40SHar016.jpg

P40SHar017.jpg

Aeroclub prepainted Ejection seat. The only aftermarket I plan to use.

P40SHar018.jpg

More, some plastic card added for the blow-in doors. Easy enough, but all the plastic strip I had was either 1mm too narrow or 2mm too wide.... ;)

So had to cut strips from sheet.

P40SHar026-1.jpg

P40SHar027-1.jpg

More later. Have the Fuse halves together now, need to take more pics...

Well, as I'm currently reading Sharkey Wards book, what else would I do?

Being an ebay purchase, some parts were missing, so thanks to Tim Mansfield, and spares from my last Harrier build I was able to complete it...

Glad to help Roy!

I just read Dave Morgan's book "Hostile Skies" whilst I was away on holiday. RAF officer flying Sea Harriers from HMS Hermes during the Falklands.

Now I'm sorely tempted to build another Sea Harrier - despite having 4 Matchbox, 2 Airfix, 1 Esci, and a Hasagawa FA2 conversion already completed - and none in the stash!

Could well do an Airfix GR3 though.

Keep up the good work Roy, it's looking really good - especially that plasticard cockpit.

Are we seeing you at Telford again this year? Tim.

Nearly finished. Need to get the last few photos up on Photobucket. She's only waiting now on undercart to be attached and decals. Will see if I can make some decent Indian Roundels from a combination of my out of proportion Italeri ones and my out of register Matchbox ones.

Hopefully I'll get her done before midnight on Sunday!

The drop tanks are refugees from the Airfix red Arrows Hawk, not needed there and perfect for the SHar. Don't think I have any Matra Magics so will leave the outer pylons empty. Building it to the Factory fresh finish, handing over the keys so to speak.

Off to the shed to glue on the undercarraige, try and get that finished by this evening!

Calling this one finished! Ok, I know it's not, but it is just waiting for the Indian Roundels that Tim is sending me, as soon as the decals are on, the wing pylons and drop tanks will be added.

Just spent the last couple of hours adding a few aerials from scrap plastic card, did some decals last night, but the old MB ones I have are near useless. Got the tail markings on though.

Here she is... She's just about to go on her first test flight from Dunsfold before final trip to the paint shop and delivery (well that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

DSC04861.jpg

P40SHar043.jpg

P40SHar044.jpg

P40SHar045.jpg

P40SHar046.jpg

P40SHar047.jpg

Drop tanks and pylons awaiting!

P40SHar049.jpg

Edited by roym
Calling this one finished! Ok, I know it's not, but it is just waiting for the Indian Roundels that Tim is sending me, as soon as the decals are on, the wing pylons and drop tanks will be added.

Decals posted out to you this morning.

Don't forget to post completed photos - in about a week time.

• 2 weeks later...