The Official T-84 Oplot Thread

Well, I thought I'd get started on this thread right now, as this is going to probably turn out being a very long and tedious process :lol:.

Everything will be based off the model seen at the IPMS Nationals 2008, seen here:

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

Info sheet with the model.

Starting with references:

http://www.morozov.com.ua/eng/body/t84.php

Site includes two shots of interior as well as basic layouts of the topside/front.

http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/T-80U.htm

General info site on the T-80UD, on which the T-84 is based. About 3/4 down is the Oplot info, with drawings.

Original Inspiration: T-84 Oplot from Point of Existence Mod for Battlefield 2 computer game B)

T84.jpg

So far, the parts break down is:

-Dragon/Skif 1/35 T-80UD base kit

-Miniarm Turret with extensive modification for turret 'attachments', bustle, weapons. Provisions for autoloader, and seperated crew and ammo compartments.

-SP Designs Roadwheels, Detail Parts for T-80 with modification for T-84 spec.

Well...that's it for now. Research will continue with construction set to begin sometime early next year. :thumbsup:

-Anthony

Ehmmm...woooooow!!!

this project ROOOOCKS!!!!

so basically the idea is to reproduce everything that this guy at Nats has done right???

coool....I cant wait to see your first pics!!!!

but hey...pleaaaase,do a better job on the dio base cause for all that work that guy put it it is a shame to have a so and so base for a superb build like that!!!

Cheers dude

:blink: