Great collection and some very fine models of a superior helicopter. He was missing the AH-1P though. Other than that it was very nice looking and covered Army and Marines quite well. Notice the decals, they are mostly Fireball Modelworks for the Army ones and various decals for the Marines.

Floyd

IMG_4642.jpg

IMG_4643.jpg

IMG_4630.jpg

IMG_4631.jpg

IMG_4632.jpg

IMG_4633.jpg

IMG_4634.jpg

IMG_4638.jpg

IMG_4629.jpg

IMG_4628.jpg

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.

Wow!!!!!

That's some amazing handiwork! I'm hoping my Cobra evolution comes out half as good as that.

I do find it odd that he's got #1 Du Me Mi with a 1st ID patch on the base. F/4 came from 3/4 Cav from the 25th ID and by the time that airframe appeared in those markings, F/4th had moved up to Hue/Phu Bai and had nothing to do with either division. It never was part of 1st ID!

Edit: I just noticed something with the last TOW missile pic posted there. I've never been around TOWs, so I'm asking this out of pure curiosity, but aren't the bands on those missiles indicating live warheads and inert motors?

Jon

Edited by Cobrahistorian

His name is Ken. He is a member of IPMS First Coast here in Jacksonville. Really nice guy. He also built the T-28 in 1/48th scale with the cowl open. We have a meeting coming up next thursday. If anyone has any questions I'll be more than happy to ask him. I am sorry, I know his last name but I don't know how to spell it. I believe it is Belyle. If its not, that is how you say it.

Crash

Just saw he also took his AH-1 in the shop diorama in 1/72. That thing is Gorgeous!

Edited by CasketCarrier
His name is Ken. He is a member of IPMS First Coast here in Jacksonville. Really nice guy. He also built the T-28 in 1/48th scale with the cowl open. We have a meeting coming up next thursday. If anyone has any questions I'll be more than happy to ask him. I am sorry, I know his last name but I don't know how to spell it. I believe it is Belyle. If its not, that is how you say it.

Crash

Just saw he also took his AH-1 in the shop diorama in 1/72. That thing is Gorgeous!

Yea, tell him that both displays were outstanding. I did see he was missing a Marine G from the stack, then he would have all the Marine snakes. That line dio is just plain sick.

His name is Ken.... We have a meeting coming up next thursday.

Crash, I just hope he remembers you!

Oh, and ask him if he'd be willing to skip attending the Nats in Columbus next year. Us up-and-comers would like a chance to win an award!

Crash, I just hope he remembers you!

Oh, and ask him if he'd be willing to skip attending the Nats in Columbus next year. Us up-and-comers would like a chance to win an award!

I am that forgettable, after all it took you almost 20years to get back in touch with me :deadhorse1:

When I first saw that AH-1 diorama in 72nd scale my first two thoughts were:

1) Take up stamp collecting or

2) See if Tanya Hardings body guard was out of jail yet.

Crash

Very nice... I dig the VX9 green Marine. It's cool seeing them all together like that... I have to say, if I had my own full size model, I'd probably go with the all sand scheme. I'd love to see the looks on people's faces while thumping up and down the freeway in that thing.

Dave

www.TheNorthSpin.com

Dedicated to Aircraft Flight Test for the Aviation Enthusiast

Wow!

That is certainly a handsome den of Snakes! An awesome display that makes, and Jon; I know you're looking forward to setting yours up! (I sure am!) :thumbsup:

Take care,

Frank

Frank! How've you been? Haven't seen you here or on FSM for a while now.

Definitely looking forward to getting my Snakes completed. I've been focusing on several builds for an upcoming exhibit here at the museum, but I've got my XM35 AH-1G well underway.

Need to finish my F-86L, F-4D and MIM-14 and then I can get back into helicopters!

Jon

• 1 month later...