F-16c Block 30 32

All Block 32s have the P&W engine and smaller NSI intake

All Block 30s have the GE engine, but may have either the NSI or the larger MCID intake, depending on the specific airframe.

To make one from the other you would have to at least change the exhaust, and possibly the intake too.

Block 30 had the GE F-110-100 engine. Aircraft 86-0262 is the first block 30 that was produced with the large (Big-mouth) inlet

Block 32 had the P&W F-100-220 engine

Around 2005, Mike Valez put together and made available an Excel spread sheet with the major F-16 Block discriptions and external features we modelers care about. PM your e-mail address, and I'll send you a copy. It runs up through block 52.

:salute:

As what was said above.

IIRC, F-16N's were basically Block 30's with the NSI (smallmouth) inlet and GE motors.

NSI/GE combos arent all that common, at least I dont think. The 107FS, Michigan Air Guard out of Selfridge ANGB for instance is a unit completely made up of NSI/GE combos.

Edited by Jonathan_Lotton
NSI/GE combos arent all that common, at least I dont think. The 107FS, Michigan Air Guard out of Selfridge ANGB for instance is a unit completely made up of NSI/GE combos.

There are a lot more than many people think. Granted, they aren't as common as the bigmouth Block 30s, but they sure aren't rare. Even after BRAC, there are still several squadrons made up completely of these jets: 114FW/SDANG, 177FW/NJANG, 127Wg/MIANG, and the 301FW/AFRC. BRAC took away a couple squadrons of those jets, which were redistributed to the above squadrons.

Besides what was already mentioned, another difference is in the ASPJ system. Very early Block 30s (Block 30A models) did not have provisions for the ASPJ. This was added beginning with Block 30B airframes and all Block 32s. Externally, the ASPJ system added the vents and scoops on the forward fuselage and vertical stab. Block 30A models lack these vents.

Jake

Yet another thing that makes the 107th unique and special!

Mors Hostibus, baby!

:rofl:

J