IDF Up-Armored HUMVEE

Here’s is little project I’ve been doing the last week. It’s an IDF up-armored Hummer. The base kit is from Academy and the rest is scratchbuilt using Evergreen Plastic sheets. The turret ring is from MIG Production late type cupola. All that is left to do is build up the frame, interior and paint.

IDFHummer1.jpg

IDFHummer3.jpg

IDFHummer5.jpg

000_0002-1.jpg

000_0004-1.jpg

000_0005-1.jpg

1-3.jpg

TAN1.jpg

More can be seen here

Joe

Edited by Helo_Dud
  • 2 weeks later...

Joe, awesome work dude. I also looked at all your photos in the link.......man, those are some cool subjects. Of course, your skills are way out. What reference are you using for your OIF gun trucks?

Mike

Thanks for the great comments :salute: Yeah I pretty much love to scratchbuild. Well I did get some paint on the other day....

000_0001-3.jpg

000_0003-3.jpg

000_0004-2.jpg

What reference are you using for your OIF gun trucks?

Mike I have a few Gun Truck books that I use or I search the net under "Gun Trucks"

"Vietnam Gun Trucks" "OIF Gun Trucks" and so on. If theres anything I could help you with feel free to ask.

Happy Modeling,

Joe

Edited by Helo_Dud

Impressive work you're doing there Joe.

I checked out your other projects on your Webshots site.

Great stuff. You're quite the scratch builder.

You should go into the aftermarket biz!

All top shelf work!

Pete

Joe, I have checked the net for reference and it is very helpful but it is nice to have reference in ones hand when building kits. So, if possible could you tell me the information on those books of yours. TIA.

Mike

Mike,

Some of the books I have, Squadron/Signal Gun trucks…The Hard Ride (1&2) by James Lyles, these books are hard to find and are OPP….Tankograd Publishing has some great reference books on OIF gun trucks and armor….and there’s Concord Publishing, they too have many OIF armor books.

Tankograd

Concord

The Hard Ride

Hope this helps,

Joe