Hasegawa 1/48 F-14 Bombcat Conversion

That's a tremendous job Doc. :cheers:

The panels and weathering look terrific to this point.

I'm taking notes so any detailled explanation would be appreciated.

Also, any plans to use pastels or weathering powders once the decals and first dull coat have been applied?

Great stuff, keep it up :wave:

:cheers:

That's a tremendous job Doc. :wub:

The panels and weathering look terrific to this point.

I'm taking notes so any detailled explanation would be appreciated.

Also, any plans to use pastels or weathering powders once the decals and first dull coat have been applied?

Great stuff, keep it up :coolio:

:cheers:

Hi geedubelyer, after the decals are on and another coat of klear i'm going to be using the Promodeller wash for the panel lines, its great stuff :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All ,

A quick update, i've been working as fast as i can to get my Tomcat finished before Christmas so i've not had chance to take many pics.

Since my last update i've covered the engine shrouds in Scale motor sport 1/48 carbon decal

DSCN3051Medium.jpg

I applied 4 decals in total one for each and bottom, i made a template from kitchen foil first then transfered this to the decal cut it out and applied it. Not sure if i would do this again on my next build as i found the decal needed quite a lot of Micro sol and no matter how hard i tired i couldn't get them to lay wrinkle free, but they don't look too bad

Now onto the fun part Decals, i cant praise the Fighter Town Decals enough, they come off the backing paper nicely they are a joy to use and work really well with Micro sol, they are highly recommended and i will defiantly use them again :thumbsup: .

DSCN3052Medium.jpg

After the decals i gave the 'Cat another coat of Klear, this is the part i hate the most as i still cant seem to spray Klear with much success and this time it was a real disaster as i dropped my H&S Evolution airbrush and it went straight down pointed end first onto the concreate floor!!! :) , the only good bit was i had finished spraying, i need a new .4mm needle set DOh!

After i had calmed down from my mishap with the airbrush i applied Promodeller dark wash every where, then once dry removed the excess, i then fished painting the wheel bay doors, ladder and steps and fitted them along with the weapon Pylons. I still had my .2 needle so i then gave it a bit more weathering with some Tamiya smoke and then fitted the GUB-12's, so it looks like this now

DSCN3054Medium.jpg

DSCN3057Medium.jpg

DSCN3058Medium.jpg

DSCN3061Medium.jpg

DSCN3062Medium.jpg

I just need to give everything a flat coat then i can get the masking tape off fit some RBF tags and i should be finished

Nearly forgot the seats! started them today, they still need a bit of work and a flat coat too.

DSCN3064Medium.jpg

DSCN3066Medium.jpg

Hopefully my next update will be with some finished pics

Wow - that's looking really good. Can't wait to see it finished. You definitely have to send some pictures for the Gallery!!

Thanks for the compliments as well but those are really a result of Microscale's printing than our doing. We do the art and sheet, they do the printing. It's their technology that makes the decals so thin and easy to use.

thanks

brian

Wow - that's looking really good. Can't wait to see it finished.

thanks

brian

I concur! Super great job! :)

I only wish I had had the engine parts you needed. I'm really sorry I couldn' t help out.

My friend Dom Telenko piloted Victory 101 for it's final carrier launch during 103's last tomcat cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished!

But it didn't all go to plan I had a some hismaps, somehow i managed to lose two of the sensor probes to the carpet monster! one of the uss John F kennedy decals has vanished? no idea when that came off as i only noticed it when i was taking the photo's and to top it off i managed to get a super glue finger print on the canopy when i was fitting it!!! apart from that i'm pretty happy how it turned out, i will definately be making another Tomcat and Definately be using Fightertown Decals again :D

Here's a couple of pics of her finished i'll put some more in the Critique Corner thread.

DSCN3097Medium.jpg

DSCN3100Medium.jpg

Dr Savage