Not part of current GB

The 1/72 Hasegawa Varks are still the best straight OOB. I was ecstatic when they released them in 1989 and I'm still hording a few, can't understand why they are oop. I did the 1/48 Academy F-111E in the in progress section showing a few improvements and pitfalls to avoid. I posted some finished pics of it in the ready for inspection last year but the pics do not really do justice to the finished model, it's a pretty big plane and I'm not the greatest photog. Anyway the pix below represent 69509 at Pease AFB NH in the late 1980's/1990 before SAC stood the unit down, closed the base and and sent all the F-111 weenies to TAC or USAFE. The only thing missing on this bird is the noseart "Spirit of the Seacoast" the chowderhead skipper with captain's wheel, that's an inside joke amoungst some of us maintenance folk.

Anyway, just thought I'd share, glad to see all the aussies enjoy building the Vark, it was always a redheaded stepchild north of the equator, be nice to have a 1/32 F-111 from Trumpeter. That is one kit I would shell out the moolah for.

IMG_3990.jpg

IMG_3993.jpg

IMG_3994.jpg