USAF Thunderbird Model

I would like to know an easy way to get that shine these aircraft have. Could I use future or what?

Mee too! :banana:

I think future will be too shiny... I'm thinking more in the lines of a semi-gloss or satin clear coat. Maybe even a gloss clear coat that will be slightly toned down with micromesh.

Just a coat of future will look like it's a toy, I'm afraid... It's not easy get these kits to look right. They should be clean, and shiny, but that has a nasty resemblance to a die-cast toy when scaled down to model kit size.

I'm also pondering how to break up the even colors of the model. Should one try light pre-shading? But that won't work where there are decals. What about washing the panel lines? It may or may not be "correct" to use these weathering tricks on a airshow bird, but if the model looks too perfect, if will look toy-ish.

Another thing, are you going to use decal no. 102 "Chris Davidson"? If not, can I buy it?

Jorgen "Troll" Toll

:thumbsup: