VF-143 Pukin Dogs USS Dwight D Eisenhower

Hi all :worship:

I need some help from you great people :thumbsup: I am looking for a set of VF-143 Pukin Dogs{my old squadron} decals when they were aboard the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower around 1980-1984. Anyone that can help? I have tried lookig on the net , but come up with the USS America and the USS Kennedy, can't seem to find the Eisenhower.

Thank you all,

Evolution :worship:

Edited by evolution

Rocky, I think Eagle Strike or Areomaster had them in 1/48 not sure about 1/72. As far as markings from the IKE goes just keep your fingers crossed, if you have a computer and enough references you can make them yourself.

Actually Rocky the F-14A plus release I forget the number had early F-14B markings but again in 1/48. Sorry I couldn't be more help guys.

The 48th Hase A+ release with the box art of VF-211 has the IKE markings for VF-143. However, they are black. Is there any in 48th that are the light grey like those in the 72nd SS mentioned?

Todd

Edited by tmf
  • 9 years later...

I think it was Aeromaster that did a 1/48 set with VF-143 and VF-32. The VF-143 example was an early F-14B but the black griffin, tail code, and IKE titles are the same as the 1980 Ike cruise. You'll need to source the stencils from elsewhere, but the tail markings can be used. I'm pretty sure this set is out of production now, though, so it's going to be very hard to find.

Edit: Yes, it was Aeromaster's Anytime Babe VIII. It featured F-14B Taproom 104 from VF-143 and F-14A Gypsy 200 from VF-32, both in the Desert Storm timeframe.

Here is the Hyperscale review. 

http://www.kitreview.com/reviews/tomcatdecalreviewsjk_1.htm

Edited by Swordsman422