A shameless plug. (Its for a good cause)

Hiya folks. I've just received mine yesterday and thought I'd share this with you. Its a limited edition print of artwork by Mike Rondot in the UK, depicts an original 19 squadron Spitfire with a current Bae Hawk painted specially to match. Im sure most of you will know or will have seen photos of the Hawk which was repainted to celebrate the 70th Anniversary of 19 Squadron being the first unit to receive the Spitfire. The prints are limited to 70 and over half of them are sold to date. I'm hoping to help sales of the rest of them. I am slightly biased as to why I chose this art to plug. My dad has helped with this project, from gaining sponsorship to paint the Hawk, flying with 19 squadron and the BBMF to produce a high quality calender of images from that sortie, to helping commision the painting. All proceeds from sales will be going to 19 Squadrons local charity, Special care baby unit at the local hospital.

Enough waffle from me anyway, I hope the website link helps and hope I can help raise more money for this great cause.

http://www.19squadron.co.uk/Rondot.htm

Edited by StokeyPete
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Stokey Pete,

the website is great and th link for the HAWK is interesting reading....I am a member of the RABF and so regularly send money to them who then distribute to a worthy cause relating to RAF charities....But thakx for posting anyay...

HOLMES. :salute: