Dragon 1/144 Harrier Gr7 and 9

much is little known about the dragon's little harriers, so i decided to build them.

as with most dml series, panel lines are abit sharp and neat, flash is kept minimal but still present. quite worth the us$9 i paid for them.

the bad thing is that u have to cut off the nose and fit in the new one of the gr7. this is because it was probably and obviously a re run of a us marine corps harrier av-8b mould. and if you follow the instructions, you gonna get a stunted nose. which is what happened for my 1st one. for the 2nd one, i cut about 3 mm ahead of the windscreen tip, so the new nose is quite flush. fitting is quite poor, esp for the lerxes. lots of putty are required

Photo0213.jpg

harriers.jpg

the nose has been chopped off. note the mistake i did on the 1st one

harriers12.jpg

putty of the lerxes and wing. in reality the gap is not so bad. i just slapped extra - just to make sure

harriers5.jpg

harriers4.jpg

harriers6.jpg

harriers3.jpg

most of the excess putty was sanded off, followed by rubbing with acetone based thinner and cotton bud for final finish.

Photo0234.jpg

primed with tamiya sky grey.

Photo0238.jpg

Edited by Tomcat RIO
  • 1 month later...

some updates! past few weeks i was doing a commisioned leopard2a6 tank. but now im back.

gr7, 9 infrp puttied areas sanded down and primed.

DSCN0200.jpg

DSCN0201.jpg

masked and spray for the dark sea grey and medium grey of the gr7, 9

DSCN0222.jpg

DSCN0223.jpg

DSCN0224.jpg

DSCN0227.jpg

• 2 weeks later...