Ki-84 Hayate and Ki-61 Hien

Hi all, I would like to join the PACAIR GB with very old and rather simple, but very nice kit - Hasegawa´s Hayate.

Cockpit lacks all internal framing, seat is bit ugly and the model needs to rescribe.

What camouflage ? Still do not know, probably not from the box, may be the 57th Shinbutai (Platz decal set)

57th-shinbutai.jpg

And here is the model.

1) Hasegawa box. Maybe older than me :worship:

ki-84_001.jpg

Edited by moses the modeller

Why rescribe? Incorrect lines, or lines not well defined?

I'd like to find the boxing that had the red arrow markings, someday. I know Hase made a boxing like this, just can't find any.

ki84_57shimbutai_2.jpg

Looking good, Moses.

Hasegawa's Ki-84 may be old, but it is a pretty sound kit. It's shape is pretty decent and it is well served aftermarket-wise. Platz has at least 3 sheets with some truly spectacular marking choices that are currently available for it. True Details has a resin cockpit (not a comment on your interior work) that is pretty nice and very inexpensive. Falcon and True Details have vac canopies.

I'm looking forward to watching your progress on this.

Thanks all for your comments. I am always happy to hear (or read) different oppinions, even though negative.

Johnsan, you are right, I should have bought some aftermarket stuff. Well, next time and at least the True Detail cockpit.

Cheers !

Moses, my comment wasn't really aimed at you. The aftermarket tends not to support 72nd scale so much. I meant only to point out that there are aftermarket products available for this kit.

You have the chops to do this one well without the aftermarket stuff. You might want to consider a vac canopy to show off that interior, though.

Like I said, I'm looking forward to following your build.

Moses, my comment wasn't really aimed at you. The aftermarket tends not to support 72nd scale so much. I meant only to point out that there are aftermarket products available for this kit.

You have the chops to do this one well without the aftermarket stuff. You might want to consider a vac canopy to show off that interior, though.

Like I said, I'm looking forward to following your build.

Johnsan, my apologies. I know you ment your comments as a good advice. Nevetheless, this time I only wanted to test my skills in scratchbuilding and painting cockpits.

No doubts, using resin accesories make building kits more easy and less time consuming.

And here is some small progress for today - starboard side of cockpit, floor and seat support frame.

ki-84_007.jpg

Edited by moses the modeller

Hi

This is a very nice kit and inside I usually agree with scratch as you.

Some years ago I made the Hasegawa Ki-84 with a special Aeromaster decal sheet in the box.

m_75232485_0.jpg

I am looking forward to yours.

Patrick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...