I've built both and prefer the Italeri. It has more detail, is more accurate overall, better weapons etc... The Academy is pretty much a copy of the raised panel line Hasegawa kit.

Thanks for the info. I built the Italeri 1/72 OA-10A way back when and it was an EXCELLENT kit, much better than the Hasegawa and light years better than the old Revell in 72nd. I am working on a Heller,"Deny Flight" bird with Mass ANG decals now to use as a "test bed" so I can practice my scratch building to upgrade it to LASTE. Did they have the GPS dome in '95? Thanks---John

What about Trumpeters' N/AW A-10? I'm itching to buy one, but it's a bit expensive around here...

It looks like the prototype. Cockpit detailing is decals only, but the canopy is singlepiece so it's pretty much a moot point. It does not have the Bendix radar and FLIR pods as carried by the real thing.

This is one of their simpler "quick assembly" kits, but allover it looks pretty decent - and easier to do than using a singleseat kit with a vac conversion. You can see the instructions and the contents of the box here.

HTH,

Andre

It looks like the prototype. Cockpit detailing is decals only, but the canopy is singlepiece so it's pretty much a moot point. It does not have the Bendix radar and FLIR pods as carried by the real thing.

This is one of their simpler "quick assembly" kits, but allover it looks pretty decent - and easier to do than using a singleseat kit with a vac conversion. You can see the instructions and the contents of the box here.

HTH,

Andre

Thanks! Do you know if the 1/48 has the same shortcomings?

GG