1/48 F14A Tomcat Iran AliCat

Very good job.

But as you say, there is something with the nose shape, I don't know exactly what.

It's very clear on the second pics.

If you don't mind, the AIM-9 looks like a Lima, and the Iranian never get this version of the missile.

They had AIM-9J (Maybe N or P).

:thumbsup:

Edited by Antoine

Super ton Tomcat, Romain! J'adore le choix du camouflage - ça fait du bien de voir autre chose que des zincs en gris Americains sur ce site.

Edited by jr_rules2

Absolutely gorgeous paint job! I've found that if you take a Dremel tool and hack away at the bottom of the nose area, you can get a little bit better profile. There's a lot of extra plastic down there, so you don't have to worry too much about breaking through.

A really great looking IRIAF MiG killer! ;)

The camouflage colors are perfect and the weathering of this old, battle proven warrior is truly magnificent!

The 3 Sparrows & 2 Phoenix configuration is a bit on the "heavy side", but, as already said, during the 8 long war years all configuarations were used.

Usually, the leaders' Tomcat was armed with 2 Phoenix & 2 Sidewinders, the wingman having 3 Sparrows & 2 Sidewinders hanging under his bird, but, as said, all configuarations have been used depending from the actual mission profile and the available missiles...

Thank you also for using the Hi-Decal AliCat decal sheet! :)

Cheers

Diego

can someone tell me if my loadings configuration is real? ( 3 sparows???)

thanks again!