Bell Long Ranger 1:32

Hello Guys !!

During scratching the rotor blades and the main rotor blades of my Bell 412 (have a look in the GB-section) in resin (this parts have to dry) , i have begun a new project.

I decided to convert the new (old) Revell Bell Jet Ranger 1:32 kit into a Bell Long Ranger. When the Bell is ready , it should have the old Ministry of the interior livery (OE-BXF). In this livery the Bell was used in the emergency medical service role, here in Austria.

Here is the first photo, more will follow:

DSCF3265.jpg

more things to scratch:

- medical interior

- two doors with windows

- the complete landing skids

- parts of the engine cowling

- make each rotor blade longer (0,8 cm)

- end plates

Greetings Michael

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Future projects:

- EC-135 in the new SHS livery (OE-XRS) with removing all kit errors in 1:32

- EC-145 in the Helitalia livery (D-HDER) nearly OOB in 1:32

- BK-117 in the Helitalia livery (D-HDNO) with weather radar nose in 1:32

- Bell 407EMS in 1:32 (Jet Ranger conversion) , livery unknown yet (found some interesting pictures in the net)

Edited by BK-117

Michael,

Nice work so far. Can you share with us the steps and extra distance that you added to get to this point? I have one of the older Revell versions that I have wanted to do such a conversion of for a long time. Thanks!

Sincerely,

David

Way To Go Michael!

I have had many conversations with some of the fello helo builders regarding this. Right Anthony? LOL!

Discussion was with regard to using the 1/48 ESCI Jet Ranger and the 1/32 Revell Jet Ranger. It's good to see someone finally making the attempt.

Please, keep us up to date as to how you're going about it with pictures. Everyone as a unique technique of scratch building and it's always very educational. I'm a 1/32 fan so I look forward to following your build.

Anthony recently sent me a picture of a fella who converted a 1/48 ESCI 206 to a 206L. I think he did a fine, outstanding job. Anthing is possible.

Good luck

John

Edited by AirMedical
  • 3 weeks later...

Also a little update on this thread:

I already lengthened the Jet Ranger kit (2,1 cm) by using plastic sheet and scratched the air intakes for the engine:

LongRanger.jpg

LongRanger1.jpg

LongRanger2.jpg

But a lot of things to scratch:

- new landing skids

- end plates

- make each rotor blade longer (0,8 mm)

Greetings Michael

• 2 months later...

Hello !!

The work on this project is resting at the moment. I had to build a BK-117 for the ECO 7 from Ikarus (radio controled) in 1:11,5 (~ 1,20 meters long) in the design of the Air Rescue Austria (ARA). This was an order of a doctor, who flies on the BK-117 (callsign: Red Cross One).

But when i will work on the Long Ranger again, there will be pics in this thread.

Greetings from Austria

Michael

Michael,

It's great to see you and the LongRanger project back on the forum. It is a shame that no manufacturers have seen fit to produce one in larger scale(or at all). I see so many of them in use in civilian and law enforcement roles here in the US. I look forward to following your progress.

Sincerely,

David

• 3 weeks later...

Looks great keep it up!! I just bought the Revell 206 1/32 kit and might think about doing the same. I've had the good fortune of being talking ballast in a 206 for my work and just love Bell choppers. More details please!! :thumbsup:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello guys !!!

After months without building models, because i moved in another town, i did some things on my Long Ranger.

First there was a lot of sanding to do and i also scratched the skids.

Pictures will follow tomorrow !!!

Greetings from austria

Mike

Mike,

It is great to see you back! Glad all is well, and you are getting settled from your move. I think I speak for more than just myself when I say that we are looking forward to following your updates on this project. I believe that following your lead, that many others will attempt such a conversion. Perhaps it will lead to some pieces such as the new doors being cast in resin(please,please)... Seriously, you are a very talented builder, and it will be good to see your magical creations once again.

David

Hello guys !!!

Today i send you the promised photos of my Long Ranger project !! The air intakes are a little bit to big, but for me its okay :-)

LongRanger1-1.jpg

LongRanger3.jpg

LongRanger2-1.jpg

The next step will be the white colour !!

Hope you like it so far, greetings Mike

Edited by BK-117