Bell Long Ranger 1:32

@ hooknladderno1

If you look on the first page of this thread you can see, where i made the cuts. But if you want i can send you pictures via e-mail, where you can see, how somebody made this cuts on a Jet Ranger in 1:48.

About the skids, i must say, that i scratched them with wire that i took from a hanger, according to the Long Ranger Product Data Book from Bell Helicopters.

More pictures will follow in the next few days

Greetings Mike

Thanks for your comments so far !!

@ AnthonyNZ

I have choosen the old Austrian Ministry of the Interior livery (not the blue one). In this livery the Long Ranger flew emergency rescue missions. Most of the helicopter will be white with blue and red stripes.

sorry that I can`t show you any photos here in this thread, because the photos are not mine, and so i have the fear, that it will get problems because of the copyright.

So you have to wait until i post new photos of the model :-)

Greetings Mike

Hey Mike, your build looks great.

I appreciate your not wanting to mess with copyright issues. That is great. If you want to, or if you can, you can put links to pictures of the helo that are already published properly on websites like airliners.net or news websites.

If you don't have any links, it is no big deal.

Keep on doing what you are doing. Looks fantastic!

Brandon

Photo update today !!!

The white colour of my Long Ranger is drying and i am lucky to say, that the model only needs a little more putty, because of a little gap on the nose.

But the i can work with the putty and sand it, because the nose has to be coloured red :-)

LongRanger9.jpg

LongRanger8.jpg

LongRanger10.jpg

Greetings Mike

Edited by BK-117

Absolutely beautiful!!!!

Thanks for the update, I love the look of the Longranger. I was just going to build mine as a Jetranger, but now after seeing how good yours looks I may have to do the conversion myself now.

Cheers

Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ

White looks good!

As you say the gap underneath the canopy is easily fixed with putty or even KristalKlear.

I love to see a few Austrian helos take shape (yours and ec135's).

Hello guys !!!

Now my next update for today. A few parts of the painting have to be corrected and also a small blue stripe has to be added, but most of the livery (painting) is done.

Hope you like what you see:

LongRanger10-1.jpg

LongRanger11.jpg

LongRanger12.jpg

Greetings from Austria

Mike

nice work !! a jet ranger 2 flew into the helipad in the dark last night ( they pass low over my house ) there's only one long ranger in my area ( as far as i know ) and that is opperated by pennine helicopters for pleasure flights and charters !!

check them ou here pennine helicopters of intrest to members here is they do a dambusters run over the uk dambusters wartime practice area !!

Edited by tornado64

Wow Mike!

Fantastic! You have really brought this project to life! What an inspiration. From the perfect proportions and body lines, to the new scratchbuilt skids and graphics. I know that others will try and hit the benchmark that you have set the standard for. Makes me wish that I was at home today(at work instead) working on marking the cuts for the Jetranger kit. I think you may have started something...

David

Whoe! You did a kicken job! From what I can see from the interior, it looks great.

It looks as if you used a candle-light searchlight from the Blue Thunder kit. (?)

The only other Long Ranger I have ever seen was in 1/48th. Nice to see one in 1/32.

Nice work!!!

John

Thanks for your comments so far !!!

@airmedical

No, the candle-light searchlight is from the Trumpeter Dauphin kit, this is the 1/48 kit, but the searchlight fits excellent !!!

Today i fixed some decals, more photos will follow in the next days !!

Greetings Mike