Bell Long Ranger 1:32

Hello !!

Today i could add the decals on my Long Ranger project. Next i have to scratch the antennas and the loading hook !!! In the background you can see my other Jet Ranger project (Austrian police OE-BXC).

LongRanger1-2.jpg

LongRanger2-2.jpg

LongRanger4.jpg

Hope you like my Long Ranger so far ?

Greetings Mike

Do I like your Long Ranger so far?...............I love it!

Like David said, the decals really tie it all together. Beautiful work.

Now lets see that Jetranger in the background.....................you dont think you can get away with not showing us that do you??

Cheers

Anthony

OKAY !!

I promise i will show you the photos of my Austrian Police Jet Ranger, but first i will finish my Long Ranger project ! But there is nothing special on my Jet Ranger, you will see :cop: !!

Greetins Mike

Looks great all decaled up! I look forward to seeing the other JetRanger too.

Can you tell me about making the gear again? I remember you using hanger, which is a cheap and great idea. How did you link the skids and crosstubes? I want to do something similar for a Jetranger, but I don't know the angles and such. Did you eyeball it?

Thank you for all your comments so far !!!

@BrittMac

You a right, for the skids i used a hanger ! The skids and the crosstubes were linked with CA-glue that i shaped in form a little bit ! To get the right angle, etc. i took the download of the product data book from the Bell Helicopters homepage. Then i sized some drawings of the Bell 206 Long Ranger, from this data book, into 1/32 size, so i could bend the skid and crosstube parts according to this resized drawings.

The same i have already done with some EC-135s to fit the rear tailfin and it works fantastic !!!

Greetings Mike

Oh WOW!!!

Mike the decals certainly show the Bird in its EXCELLENT state now..they certainly add a that BEAUTY to your work now..

SHE IS A HELLUVA BEAUTY..

EXCELLENT work ...QUALITLY ARTWORK....

HOLMES.............. :bandhead2::worship::worship:

Edited by HOLMES
Thank you for all your comments so far !!!

@BrittMac

You a right, for the skids i used a hanger ! The skids and the crosstubes were linked with CA-glue that i shaped in form a little bit ! To get the right angle, etc. i took the download of the product data book from the Bell Helicopters homepage. Then i sized some drawings of the Bell 206 Long Ranger, from this data book, into 1/32 size, so i could bend the skid and crosstube parts according to this resized drawings.

The same i have already done with some EC-135s to fit the rear tailfin and it works fantastic !!!

Greetings Mike

Could you share the drawings with us that you resized for the skids? I've been trying to get the stuff from the Bell website to open for a while now but it keeps timing out or something. I've got an old Testors kit I'd love to convert to a Longranger.

Mike

Mike, that is absolutely beautiful my friend!!

I just love everything about it. Is that a stretcher I see down the side?

Thanks for sharing this with us

Cheers

Anthony

That is a stretcher, but I am not answering for him! I have spent some time around the 206L's in the medevac configuration and the entire door section on the left side will open up to allow access to the stretcher. I didn't know that until about 2007 because where I used to work didn't have a medevac service using 206's. I saw a lot of BK117's and BO 105's at my old dept though.