I am building a Revell 1/48 F-16A and I've decided to close the canopy. However, a problem occured. When I put together forward and backward piece of canopy, a gap occurs. Any idea how to fill that hole? Now I am thinking of opening canopy, as it would be the easiest solution but anyway, I'd prefer to have it closed.

f16_5.jpg

I would run a small amount of thinned PVA glue (thin the PVA glue with water) into the gap. You will need to apply a few times but it will dry clear and shrink into the gap leaving a nice recessed line

You can then run some thinned paint down the closed gap, slightly darker than the Vipers final colour, to give an impression of depth and shadow.

HTH

:worship:

MikeJ

Based on your picture, you have the rear part of the canopy too far forward. It should not overhang the rear vertical wall of the cockpit. The bottom corner should be even with the top of the bulkhead, and slant rearward from there.

Did you glue it yet? If not move that part back and the whole thing may fall into place.

... and it seems you have not totally sanded smooth the left-lower edge of the back piece, the sprue leftover is clearly seen from your picture. try to clean the edges and dry-fit agin. if there is still a gap left, you may fill it with testors clear cement (indeed a PVA glue), applied in thin coats a few times, which dries clear as glass. you may also sand the filled part with high grade sand papers to have smooth joint.

hth.

I guess I'll just go with the madmike's suggestion.

The error in this kit is another good reason to close the canopy.

Oh and that sprue leftover wasn't the cause of the problem. I was dryfitting it to see how it comes together and when I sanded it off, there was still the same gap.

Thanks anyway.