G. Preddy P-40E white 85 9FS 49FG

As I posted in the Entries tread, I will try to build P-40E White 85 as flown by G. Preddy while in Australia in time for the deadline

I started from here

Boxtop.jpg

I did a little work in the past weeks and this is where I was about a week ago,

I took some time to fix the seat top to curved instead of flat as supplied one in the kit

Step1-800.jpg

and this is where I am now

Step2-800.jpg

I plan to glue the wing , sand and file any spot needed in this weekend, still on track for the 30 september deadline

Cheers Paolo

The only putty you'll need is a dimple on either side of the leading edge wing root (you'll see). Also be sure to sand the instrument panel down a bit, as it's a tad wide and will want to create a gap in the nose.

It's a really sweet little kit, thought!

Hi, I am still around, I just have to find some battery for my camera,

Yes I know this is a good kit, this one would be my third, this time I had to sand some more than last time around the chin, but all is well now, I also painted the underside neutral grey, and the wheel wells zinc chromate, as soon as I have some times from work I shall paint the OD, and then start the tricky part, at least for me, weathering.

Cheers Paolo

• 2 weeks later...

Dropping out

Hi, I am sorry but I won't be able to complete my build before the deadline, I screwed with a couple of decals (2 number 85) and so I am on the lookout for suitable replacements, for the time being I sprayed a coat of gloss over the applied decals to protect them and tucked the kit in a box.

Bye Paolo

Too bad Rome is so far away. I just bought this kit, but I'm not going to use the kit decals, as I plan on doing an RCAF aircraft. If you still want the decals, I'll mail them to you. Just email your reply.

Thanks a lot for your offer, but I am using a tally ho decal sheet, and thats were the decals I lost.

I am still looking for replacements, but till now I didn't find anyone suitable.

Cheers Paolo