Short Tucano 1/32

• 3 months later...

some more pictures

the seats are paragon mk 10 with some modifications, I know they are not the original ones from the tucano, but they where the nearest ones that I found.

DSC05332.jpg

DSC05333.jpg

control stiks

DSC05336.jpg

and the canopy.

It is made of three parts, an internal frame, the transparent vacuformed plastic and the external frame, made of 3 mm vacuformed styrene sheet, and cuted into shape.

the detonation cord is of 1 mm styrene rod, well it is not finished yet

DSC05338.jpg

DSC05339.jpg

DSC05340.jpg

DSC05344.jpg

DSC05345.jpg

I hope you like it, any coments are accepted

see you

• 1 month later...

Hello all, here again but with not very good news. I finished the 2 wings with the same "procedure" of the fuselage. But when I glued the plastic "skin" (not vacuformed) all the imperfections appeared. I am not very glad with the results so tonight I will think if I make them again, this time completely in plastic. The problem is that I will need a software for making the wing ribs.

Well, here are the pictures, I don´t think you will notice my problem.

DSC05504.jpg

DSC05507.jpg

Here I cut the wheel wells in the plastic (this is the underside)

DSC05509.jpg

The idea was to make a hole in the upside of the wing and introduce the wheel wells, after put some putty and finished gluing the skin

DSC05508.jpg

DSC05511.jpg

See you next time

Gato,

Without disrespecting the rest of the community here on ARC, I have to say that you, sir, are a MODELER. Most of the rest of the people here are, in all honsety, kit assemblers. Someone who takes on a project of this scope, creating what you have, is truly not just a kit assembler. It is a pleasure and education watching this project take form in your updates. I am looking forward to seeing this one completed. :whistle:

Thanks to everybody for the encouragement.

I was making some tests over the surface of the fuselage and I realised that maybe I won´t need to make the plastic skin (vacuformed) the scribing seems to work ok. So that will save me a lot of time, and I will be able to use the wings shown some days ago.

More pictures soon!!!!!!

Bye

• 4 weeks later...

Hello friends, I have been very busy in my job and house, so unfortunately I have not too much time for my project.

Well just some little progress I want to share with all of you.

Thanks for all the comments, and for looking.

Lets go to the pictures

First the back part of the canopy, the detonation cord. Here I had to stop using the plastic rod because there was too many curves, so some wire was usefull

DSC05588.jpg

DSC05591.jpg

Here is the nose wheel well inserted into the fuselage, it is just a box because I coludn´t find any pictures.....

DSC05589.jpg

DSC05590.jpg

And the wing wheel weels ( just one at the moment)

DSC05555.jpg

DSC05577.jpg

DSC05578.jpg

DSC05602.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody!! a little update of my work, not much, but making some progress.

Well the pictures....

First of all, I had to cut the fuselage and the wings for placing them in the correct place. Yes it was a little bit scary!!

DSC05659.jpg

DSC05660.jpg

Here you can also see the wheel weels inserted into the wings

DSC05661.jpg

DSC05671.jpg

And the results

DSC05690.jpg

DSC05693.jpg

Here the turbine exhaust, made in 2 parts so I can separate it and vacuforme it, and some air intakes, same as the one near the nose that you can see some pictures above

DSC05694.jpg

I hope you like it

See you soon

• 2 weeks later...

First of all thans to everybody for your kind words, I really apreciate them.

Here is a very little update....

The rudder

It was made of 2 mm plastic (3 of them together)

Ahh and also the first scribing atempt......not very good, but I learned some things for the rest of the model.....

DSC05753.jpg

DSC05756.jpg

DSC05758.jpg

Hope you like it

See you

• 1 month later...

Hello my friends, thanks to everybody who has stoped here and watched, and also for the comments.

Here some pictures. I am preparing to start painting soon.....

Navigation lights

DSC05934.jpg

DSC05940.jpg

DSC05942.jpg

DSC05948.jpg

DSC05993.jpg

spinner

DSC06020.jpg

DSC06027.jpg

DSC06031.jpg

and tail

DSC06043.jpg