I'm about to build the Eduard 1/72 kit and I have CMK interior and exterior resin for it. On the real plane, I've seen the rudder and elevators in non-neutral positions. My question is, are the flaps ever lowered while the plane is just sitting on the ground? I'm debating whether or not it's worth cutting the kit wings in order to put the resin flaps on...

Thanks,

John

Maiden fight of N139TS after reassembly last week at our airfield on 26-Sept-2006.

This one just returned to europe. First flown as a trainer by the Soviet Air Force, then sometime during it's life sold to the US and now sold to Germany. Reassembly out of the container until engine run-up just took 5 days! I wish I could build models this fast!

Hmm.. I only need to get a pair of flight gloves to complete my outfit and ask for a ride!

N139TS_1024rel.jpg

Edited by Lancer512
I'm about to build the Eduard 1/72 kit and I have CMK interior and exterior resin for it. On the real plane, I've seen the rudder and elevators in non-neutral positions. My question is, are the flaps ever lowered while the plane is just sitting on the ground? I'm debating whether or not it's worth cutting the kit wings in order to put the resin flaps on...

Thanks,

John

I've seen it a few times, but I don't have photos at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

there are some awesome pictures in this thread. I think I really nned to get into the DSLR world.

I should have a few pics to add to this in the future. There is one of these based near here and it is getting painted right now.

Stay tuned

Sean

P.S. No word yet on what scheme it will painted in!!

• 6 months later...

Thanks,

John

Does this help?

Patriots01.jpg

Nice pics of the ALCA! I keep expecting somebody to come out with a conversion for the Eduard L-39, but it hasn't happened yet...

-Hoops

It would take more than a conversion kit to get an ALCA from an L-39 kit. In appearance the two aircraft have the family resemblance, but up close there are a ton of differences. According to a ALCA pilot I talked to, it's pretty much an entirely new aircraft beyond the family resemblance. The airframe was enlarged in some areas, strengthened in many others.

Basically, it would make more sense for Eduard to tool an ALCA kit from scratch than to have anyone try to make a conversion.

Personally, I'd like to see AZ Models do a full ALCA kit. When AZ were Legato, they had a resin kit of an ALCA prototype in their range. I don't know how good it was, but the fact that they went to the trouble of making one at all says they should be one to watch for a possible injection kit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...