star trek voyager streaming site?

Voyager is the only ST series I ever just gave up on. Enterprise was better (especially after it was canceled :thumbsup: ). I stepped away from DS9 during the height of the Dominion War, but came back to it at the end. Now that I've been catching reruns of it on Spike, I've realized again how good it really was (in spite of the "to boldly sit and spin where no one has sat and spun before" setting).

Voyager was proof that any Federation vessel, no matter how far from home, has one resource that will never run short -- the regulation, one-a-day Stupid Pills. "Oh gee, we're so far from home, with no help, no friends, and short on supplies. Hey look, this thing looks dangerous, lets find out! <poke> <poke>"

Voyager is the only ST series I ever just gave up on. Enterprise was better (especially after it was canceled :whistle: ). I stepped away from DS9 during the height of the Dominion War, but came back to it at the end. Now that I've been catching reruns of it on Spike, I've realized again how good it really was (in spite of the "to boldly sit and spin where no one has sat and spun before" setting).

Voyager was proof that any Federation vessel, no matter how far from home, has one resource that will never run short -- the regulation, one-a-day Stupid Pills. "Oh gee, we're so far from home, with no help, no friends, and short on supplies. Hey look, this thing looks dangerous, lets find out! <poke> <poke>"

:D

That's just funny right there ...

Gregg

Along those lines don't forget Janeway's insatiable desire to bring *anything* on board Voyager..."we're not sure what it is or what it does...Ensign Kim... beam that sh*t aboard right away!"

The only thing worthwhile they ever brought on board was Seven of Nine...

Those are great guys. One of my favorite "beam that shi*t aboard right away!" events was when they found an exploded borg cube and just brought all kinds of chunks back to Voyager. "Borg like to assimilate things and have nanobots. Let's fill one of the cargo holds with borg crap!"

I think that's a premise of many of the shows (all series) though. "To boldly stumble into dangerous situations that no one has survived before!"

John

My son had a proposition for the last show. Just as Janeway and crew are about to reach home after decades of travels you hear "Captain, Captain wake up! It's time for the briefing on our trip to the badlands." Three years of someones bad dream

One thing that used to amaze me was that with all the trouble they had with holodecks, they still kept the things. How many times did they almost lose people, the ship, or the galaxy for that matter?

• 3 weeks later...
One thing that used to amaze me was that with all the trouble they had with holodecks, they still kept the things. How many times did they almost lose people, the ship, or the galaxy for that matter?

If you want a troublesome, vulnerable device, nothing tops Geordi la Forge's visor. Renegade Klingons (as the Romulan's stooges) tried to subvert the Federation-Klingon peace treaty with it. Later (fool me twice), renegade Klingons (again) used it to destroy the Enterprise!

Has anyone besides me ever seen the footage that was shot with Genevieve Bujold as Captain Janeway? It's available on YouTube and the boxed set.

Omhpo, they made a good choice replacing her with Kate Mulgrew...they tanked her after three days of filming.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Has anyone besides me ever seen the footage that was shot with Genevieve Bujold as Captain Janeway? It's available on YouTube and the boxed set.

Omhpo, they made a good choice replacing her with Kate Mulgrew...they tanked her after three days of filming.

Weird, she sounds like some kind of weird Vulcan. I watched the Caretaker opening scenes on YouTube. The energy wave (or whatever) was about to hit Voyager and she non chalantly says "mmm, red alert" and "brace for impact" with absolutely no energy or concern.

John