F-18C Académy 1/72 NSAWC

Hi everybody,

This is my last model, made during the summer holidays, but finished today.

This is the smashing Academy kit, with Aires exhaust, Quick Boost seat, Hasegawa pilot and few Eduard E.P ....

Decals comes from FIGHTERTOWN.

This is the picture who inspired me :

url=http://www.hiboox.fr/go/images/divers/37b,f0fcb0a5869f89db693b1fbd4e6ee1a4.jpg.html]f0fcb0a5869f89db693b1fbd4e6ee1a4.jpg[/url]

And this is my 1/72 version :

278545a1b444b987373dcf1e51a0e587.jpg

99fe8259dfe31a3ee272e17f74702b43.jpg

cccf83b5485f908c2404f9808ddcc8a4.jpg

b2e52ea1e9f961835254d490886c9957.jpg

Thanks mister Bugfan .... my ansewer is : yes for the sidewinder, but on a other plane (an Hasegawa one of my collection...), and no for the ACMI pod...

My paintjob is only with brushes .... and Lifecolor ....

Seb

en Français

Très joli jet Seb! juste une petite remarque: les "walkways": sur la photo qui t'as inspirée ils sont noirs contrairement à ton modèle.

then in English

Very nice jet Seb! just one thing: the walkways: on your reference picture they are black, but not on your model. very nice build beside this.

Wow - that is one great looking hornet! And the fact that you brush paint always amazes me. I'd love to put some shots of it up on the website gallery...

One small note about the decals vs the picture you posted. Our version is very close but NSAWC did make a few changes in the markings and colors when we got the full walkarounds so a couple things like national insignias had changed.

And I love the look of the pilot!

great job,

brian

• 3 years later...