2nd 1/48 RAAF Dassault/GAF Mirage IIIO-Finished 2/4/09

Hi Andrew, I am so motivated to start a Mirage IIIO by following your build, I search thro my stash and found a 1/72 Heller Mirage IIIE, I think I gonna start it very soon for this GB with 75 sqn marking that based in Butterworth, the base is about 50KM from my apartment anyway.... B)

Edited by masterqq
Hi Andrew, I am so motivated to start a Mirage IIIO by following your build, I search thro my stash and found a 1/72 Heller Mirage IIIE, I think I gonna start it very soon for this GB with 75 sqn marking that based in Butterworth, the base is about 50KM from my apartment anyway.... :D

Thanks Masterqq

Can't have enough Mirages in my book. Get into it! When and if you need decals let me know and I'll give you details of Australian suppliers.

Regards

Andrew

Looking great so far!

-B

Thanks Jordon03. I appreciate your comments

Regards

Andrew

I've finally managed to get a little further with my Mirage A3-51. My son's is still in limbo due to school and other matters. Anyway, I've put mine up on her wheels, detailed the main U/C bay and added the Matra R550 'Magics' to the canted rails. She's now ready for a coat of gloss, decals and a wash before finishing off with the minor details.

DSC02180.jpg

DSC02182.jpg

DSC02183.jpg

DSC02184.jpg

DSC02181.jpg

Regards

Andrew :whistle:

A really good loooking Mirage III, your model is an inspiration.

Since Italeri has re-released the old ESCI kit two years ago with very good decals, and Eduard is keeping mum on further variants of their kit, it is good to see that a lovely model can be constructed from ESCI's "humble" parts.

Cheers!

Jan

A really good loooking Mirage III, your model is an inspiration.

Since Italeri has re-released the old ESCI kit two years ago with very good decals, and Eduard is keeping mum on further variants of their kit, it is good to see that a lovely model can be constructed from ESCI's "humble" parts.

Cheers!

Jan

Thanks Jan,

The moulding is getting a bit long in the tooth now as there is a couple of steps in fuselage halves but not difficult to correct. There really needs to be a re-tooling of this kit with the extra detail added ala the Eduard kit. But, until this happens I will happily plod along wit the Italeri kit as it's the closest representation to the RAAF Mirage with a little work.

Regards

Andrew

wow WOW !!!

LOVELY Mirage...

HOLMES. :cop:

Cheers :thumbsup: Holmes

Regards

Andrew :cop:

• 4 weeks later...

Well,

I know mine's finished, but after well over a month of nothingness my 10 year old Chris has pulled his finger out (and his Mirage) and decide to battle on with it. Although the panel lines have not yet been done completely he has painted his cockpit and with a lot of angst it has been glued into the fuselage with a couple of gaps particularly where the front windscreen is attached. He will soldier on with it though. I will post some pics of his progress in the next few days.

Regards

Andrew

Cheers Ricardo,

Hopefully, I'll be able to keep him motivated to get it finished and out of my way.

Regards

Andrew

P.S. If you don't mind me asking what is your nationality background? I have a reason for asking and you may be interested.

Cheers Ricardo,

Hopefully, I'll be able to keep him motivated to get it finished and out of my way.

Regards

Andrew

P.S. If you don't mind me asking what is your nationality background? I have a reason for asking and you may be interested.

I was born in Portugal... mmm I'm curious at the very least... ;)

I thought you'd mentioned it before that you were building an Argentinian A4 Skyhawk or something. AMI are doing a Macchi 326 build and I thought you might be interested in doing an Argi one, but given that you are Portugese and didn't operate Macchis it doesn't really matter unless you do want to participate?

Regards

Andrew