Anyone getting a Sanka Mark B?

yeah! thats an awesome looking design!

did u catch the movie? wasnt the Teacher a vicious SOB....??

Yeah, but maybe that's part and parcel of fighting against Kildren, no-one leaves the battlefield alive, or maybe it's his mission to prevent the 'immortality' of the Kildren by killing them. Who knows.

Then again, why did Kannnami call The Teacher his father?

Edited by sv51macross
Yeah, but maybe that's part and parcel of fighting against Kildren, no-one leaves the battlefield alive, or maybe it's his mission to prevent the 'immortality' of the Kildren by killing them. Who knows.

Then again, why did Kannnami call The Teacher his father?

maybe the kildren was cloned from him?

also did you get the sense that kusanagi was manipulating everything? at the last scene after the credits, she almost has a sly/knowing smile when she said she was expecting the new pilot?

maybe the kildren was cloned from him?

also did you get the sense that kusanagi was manipulating everything? at the last scene after the credits, she almost has a sly/knowing smile when she said she was expecting the new pilot?

I didn't see after the credits, didn't know there was an extra scene. hang on...

(EDIT): Yeah, Kusanagi's just looking for the next hot pilot to roll around with under the sheets.

Edited by sv51macross

(EDIT): Yeah, Kusanagi's just looking for the next hot pilot to roll around with under the sheets.

HAH! i knew it, so i wasnt the only one to get that impression!

That last fight scene is awesome, that look of horror when Kannami realises the Teacher's cannons are right in front of his face... and that slo-mo Skyly pirouette around the Sanka as its being blown apart...

HAH! i knew it, so i wasnt the only one to get that impression!

That last fight scene is awesome, that look of horror when Kannami realises the Teacher's cannons are right in front of his face... and that slo-mo Skyly pirouette around the Sanka as its being blown apart...

I just do not see how an aircraft with that huuuuuuuggge engine in front of the wings can do those aerobatics. just a bit too fanciful for me, but otherwise awesome. the size of those bombers was awesome.

I just do not see how an aircraft with that huuuuuuuggge engine in front of the wings can do those aerobatics. just a bit too fanciful for me, but otherwise awesome. the size of those bombers was awesome.

hey its just a cartoon... dont get all serious about it.... ;)

agreed on the bomber designs... :)

er so has anyone here completed their sky crawler models yet?

hey its just a cartoon... dont get all serious about it.... ;)

I know but a conventionally-winged prop like that doing a cobra, and that crazy post-stall piroette is just too difficult to believe. However, they do have very advanced prop designs, maybe the J2-V has prop-thrust vectoring like a helio rotor, the prop's incidence can be adjusted through it's rotation around the shaft like a rotor blade to alter the amount of thrust on the top of it's longitudinal axis and the bottom.

I know but a conventionally-winged prop like that doing a cobra, and that crazy post-stall piroette is just too difficult to believe. However, they do have very advanced prop designs, maybe the J2-V has prop-thrust vectoring like a helio rotor, the prop's incidence can be adjusted through it's rotation around the shaft like a rotor blade to alter the amount of thrust on the top of it's longitudinal axis and the bottom.

Just a cartoon, man. Just a cartoon. :monkeydance:

Edited by illithid00
  • 1 month later...
I will when its done. its ready for paint now as it is. Only real attenion eeded was at the fuselage to wing seams. Nothing a little Mr Surfacer couldnt fix.

How's that build going? Would love to see some pics.

Edited by Swanny
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought the DVD this past weekend and watched the movie last night ... It's out now in the US Release ...

I really enjoyed it, it's a beautifully animated film, that's expected though with Production IG handling that ...

The story was rather good, a little open to interpretation too which is typical of Oshii's work ...

I'd recommend the film to anyone that enjoys plot heavy anime ...

Gregg