Hi Guys,

I am considering building a model of the EC-135 that I fly on. I have the Revell 1/32 scale ADAC kit, and just received the EC-145 kit in the mail. Wow, what a difference in detail between the two! My question is: can I use the EC-145 fuselage and simply graft the EC-135 engine and transmission cowling and tailboom to it? I am looking at gross detail, and may be missing something. I also haven't begun cutting any bits of plastic yet, so it's hard to tell. I know that some of you have used these kits in your different projects. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sincerely,

David

Hi David

Been looking into this for you this afternoon.

I think for all the work that will be involved it may not gain you much. The fuselage is noticably wider (EC135=1560, EC145=1730) which changes the roof curvature or line down to the top window line. Obviously the fuse is longer 135=5900m, EC145=6186 and the rear profile for the doors is different as well as the cowl line. Just looking at it the side sliding door, it too looks longer on the 145. This is just my basic observations.

I dont want to put you off. After all this is coming from a guy using EC145 bits on my BK117. I am happy to send you any EC145 spare bits to include in your EC135. That might be a nice way to combine/upgrade your 135.

Keep us posted on your project and I will do all I can to help.

Cheers

Anthony

Hi Guys,

I am considering building a model of the EC-135 that I fly on. I have the Revell 1/32 scale ADAC kit, and just received the EC-145 kit in the mail. Wow, what a difference in detail between the two! My question is: can I use the EC-145 fuselage and simply graft the EC-135 engine and transmission cowling and tailboom to it? I am looking at gross detail, and may be missing something. I also haven't begun cutting any bits of plastic yet, so it's hard to tell. I know that some of you have used these kits in your different projects. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sincerely,

David

David, if you fly in it you should know how different those airframes are and that surgery is not going to take you anywhere but to an hypothetical non existing aircraft.

Hi Guys,

Sincerely,

David

David,

They are completely different from each other, if you want to build a "what if " then go for it.

If you fly the EC-135 you should notice the difference between the EC-145?

Chris

Thanks for yor replies.

I just got my EC-145 model. After comparing it to my aircraft and the ADAC EC-135 model, I do see the many differences. I was just "hoping" to be able to use the opening doors to build a detailed model. I think that as this is my first aircraft model, that I shall start simple, and build it primarily out of the box. I will detail the interior as close to my aircraft as possible. There are a few of the parts from the EC-145 model that I can use, such as the seats, and wire strike kit to replicate my aircraft. I will also have to spend some time figuring out the exterior graphics. "AirMedical" has already given me some suggestions on this. I may also build some of the 1/48 scale rotorcraft models that I have to get down some of the basic construction, masking, and painting techniques before starting this project. Thanks again for your help. I will keep you posted on the project as it progresses.

Sincerely,

David