A-7E Corsair II

It has been a couple of hectic weeks now, after finishing the Viggie I dove into the Mitsu F-1 speed build.

I need to relax a bit! What better way to relax then starting e new build :P I´m not entirely finished with the F-1 yet...I´m waiting for some weapons for it but in the mean time I might as well start on something new :taunt:

I got inspired by friends at Modell GBG for some reason quite a few of them bought A-7s, in 1/72 scale none the less. Me I suddenly remembered that I have a A-7 ready to go with decals and a cockpit set in my stash already!

Well I started digging in my wardrobe and fell emediately victim to an avalange!! my entire stash just fell on me! This didn´t bode well......

After reorganizing my stash I put the A-7 on the table and opened the box :cheers:

Here´s what I found:

An Aires cockpit set with resin and PE and decals for a desert cammo painted A-7 from Desert Storm!! The decals are from Cam Pro and features a bird fromVA-72 "Blue Hawks". Really neat looking paint scheme!! only tho that there are no paint guide for the underside :touche:

DSC01322.jpg

So far so good! Then I remembered Greg´s thread about his A-7 and his issues with the windscreen! I had to check so I didn´t suffer from the same flaw!

Luckily the windscreen checked out alright!

DSC01326.jpg

So far I´ve only opened the box...as I said I´m gonna savour this build and it looks like fun!

Does anybody have a clue on a pretty standard load out for the A-7 during Desert Storm by any chance?

That´s all for now....see ya´ll

Cheers!

Edited by Aigore

Thanx guys :worship:

Well I´ll try to do this in a more normal tempo...with the usual pics, explanations and details...and my mobile phone:P

We´ll see how I fare, I don´t even dream of matching your build, Greg, but hey it´s full of inspiration!! I might get there someday....

Anyways I´m itching for some details.....

Cheers dudes!

:worship:

Haha... thanks for the huge vote of confidence but alas I am WAAAAAAY down on the totem pole around here as far as 'true' builders. I try my best with each build and so long as I'm happy with it then so be it ;-) There have been some truly exceptional A-7's build around here over time =)

-Greg

Arghhh, he's at it again! :worship: Nice choice of subject and markings!

Yepp Moritz, the guy is totaly insane !!!

But hey, You don't hear me complaning...

BTW: have You already started cleaning out some parts on Your F-1 ?

Best of luck with Your new "victim", Aigore. I'm sure we're all going to have a ball once again. It will be interresting to see

how Your work turns out when You're doing a "relaxing build". As far as I can see, it look's like You've got all the goodies

to turn this sassy lady into hot fox. These machine's sure look impressive, all bombed up.

Looking forward to see how this WIP unfolds...

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

<...> BTW: have You already started cleaning out some parts on Your F-1 ? <...>

Not yet. Was in Frankfurt today. Managed to pick up some niiice stuff. Another 144th RoG Rafale M and two Heller 1/72 Mirage IVs. And there was a nice package from Japan in today's mail - Platz 144th F-2 and F-4s and some decals for a WhIf.

In fact, I may postpone the F-1 build.... :worship:

Just kidding. :crying: Hope to start tomorrow. Now I'll go watch Kurosawa's epic Samurai story - "Ran", which will start any minute on TV now. Man, I'm on a Japan-kick lately. :coolio:

Edited by ChernayaAkula
Not yet. Was in Frankfurt today. Managed to pick up some niiice stuff. Another 144th RoG Rafale M and two Heller 1/72 Mirage IVs. And there was a nice package from Japan in today's mail - Platz 144th F-2 and F-4s and some decals for a WhIf.

In fact, I may postpone the F-1 build.... :)

Just kidding. :P Hope to start tomorrow. Now I'll go watch Kurosawa's epic Samurai story - "Ran", which will start any minute on TV now. Man, I'm on a Japan-kick lately. :wacko:

WHOAAAA, did You say TWO Mirage IV !!! Man those machine's were big !!!

Flashback:

Some years ago I was stationed at Eindhoven AB for a couple of month's. I was fortunate enough to hook up with a nice fellow-spotter.

One day we had an Itilian AF B-707T stationed at E'hvn for three days in order to support the TLP (Tactical Leadership Program).

He managed for us to fly along in order to take some nice Air-to-Air shots. So, on monday we embarked and joined our Italian friend

for a sortie over the english channel.

The next day (wednesday) our Italian friends stopped by in order to get their last details for their next mission. That was kinda strange 'cause

the partisipants of the TLP weren't going to fly that day. During a quiet moment I talked to one of the guy's and asked him who they were going to

supply some gas. He told me that they were "hired" by the French air force. Of course I asked him for the receivers. His answer:

"Hmm, Mirage F-1, Mirage 2000D / N & some M-4's". Wait a minute...: French air force & M-4 ??? Could he mean MIRAGE IV ?!?!?!

Yepp, he sure did.

I went over to my collegue & told him about what I had just learned. He almost went ballistic !!! "Are You sure, Spooky ???"

Within no time we found ourself onboard of the B-707T again, this time heading out for northern France. First a few Mirage F-1's

showed up. And then... Two mighty Mirage IV's came swooping in from behind !!! Now THAT was an awesome sight.

Six weeks later the last Mirage IV was formaly withdrawn from service...

Although I was able to sqeeze off some nice shot's, we weren't able to "direct" the M-4's to "the perfect position". Ohh well, You can't win 'm all...

Sorry for highjacking Your WIP for a moment, Aigore. But then again, I don't think You realy mind when it involves a good "flash-back story"...

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

P.S.: pic's can be found at www.afterburner.nl

Do feel free to take a look. The site sure has some nice shot's.

Seriously...not fair...I can barely get time to work on my Foxbat and you're gonna kill off another build I've been planning...not cool...not cool at all...

Can't wait to see it.

Cheers,

Dave

WHOAAAA, did You say TWO Mirage IV !!! Man those machine's were big !!! <...>

Yup, two of 'em. :woot.gif: 12.50 EUR each. In a very old black Heller box. I haven't found a date on the box or instructions, but the instructions still included written steps describing which parts to glue together.

Those pics are very nice. Mmhhhhh, Mirages! :woo:

Seriously...not fair...I can barely get time to work on my Foxbat and you're gonna kill off another build I've been planning...not cool...not cool at all...

Can't wait to see it.

Cheers,

Dave

[/quote/]

Hey you said you were building a Foxbat, where did you get that? That is one of my favorite Russian Jets! PLEASE PLEASE tell me!!!!!! :woot.gif:

Can't wait to see it.

Cheers,

Dave

Hehehe, that´s what you get for spending all your time in a sub or with your family!!! You spend precious building time!!

Thanx dude :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Yup, two of 'em. :woot.gif: 12.50 EUR each. In a very old black Heller box. I haven't found a date on the box or instructions, but the instructions still included written steps describing which parts to glue together.

Those pics are very nice. Mmhhhhh, Mirages! :worship:

The experience itself was even FAR BETTER !!! :P

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Weeeeeee....another one???

geez I'm starting insulting myself....I've been lazy and busy lately and you really make me wanna build again!!!!!

Ohh sheees,if only I had time!!!

Cheers dude and nice start!!!

Cant wait to see more!

:)

Hiya all!

Happened to pass by my hobbyroom, and there on the table was this model...... Just lying there, so I had to sit down with it for a minute :)

Well since I didn´t have anything better to do at the moment I brought forth The Dremel!! and decided to clean up some resin!

Important, use a paint mask to cover you moth and nose when you´re powersanding resin...it´s not healthy to breath in!!

First I used my cutting disc and cut off chunks of resin....and then I dryfitted the parts in the cockpit!

DSC01328.jpg

When that was done I used the sanding tool and slimmed up the pieces a bit here and there, mostly at the bottom of the tub. I don´t know if there´s any fit issues with the inlet trunk but better safe than sorry so I sanded it quite thin.

DSC01329.jpg

Well after that I drilled small holes in the pieces and stuck them on toothpicks. Here´s my usual forrest of parts...no paint yet tho. And if you think you´re seeing pices for the F-1 there it´s just your imagination :P Nah, I´m still waiting for the armaments for the F-1 so theese pieces have to rest here for the time being :huh:

DSC01331.jpg

So far I like this cockpit set, I´ve dryfitted it in the body and saw no immediate fit problems....don´t think I even have to thin the walls to make it fit, but we´ll see how it ends.

Maybe I can get som primer on the parts this weekend...

Cheers!

:huh:

Edited by Aigore

Looking good, Aigore !!! Nice steady progress (as usual) with good explainatory pic's.

Good to read You've purchased a "Dremel". It sure is a nice solid piece of equipment which

will make life very comfortable for You in the future. I've decided for "Proxxon" some years

ago. Haven't used it extensively sofar, but the times I made use of it I was in modellers-heaven... :thumbsup:

As for the tub: I couldn't help thinking about the windshield fit-problems. Maybe it is wise to do some

dryfitting with the tub AND the windshield... Sure would be a major bummer if it turned out that You've

"stretched" the fuselage, resulting into serious windshield fit-issues !!!

(Just my 2 cent's of course...)

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

I had the windshield on as well when I dryfitted......didn`t wanna leave anything to chance here:P

Oh I love my dremel! I´ve had it for a few years now and it comes handy in every build! It kinda makes life easier so to speak :thumbsup: