A-7E Corsair II

I see you're at it again! :)

Great choice for your next project. I have the same kit (the Valions boxing) and Aires resin in the pile... someday I will get to it.

Looking forward to your progress!

Cheers,

Anders

He he, me? naaaaw not a chance :wacko:

Thanx Anders! Seems like a nice kit from where I´m looking and I bet you´ll have loads of fun with it......I´m sure I will :soapbox:

Cheers!

I love the A-7, I think that will be one of my next projects. Just finishing up my TA-4J Skyhawk for the gone but not forgotten GB, great build in progress, love the pics and that will give me something to look at when I build the A-7!

I love the A-7, I think that will be one of my next projects. Just finishing up my TA-4J Skyhawk for the gone but not forgotten GB, great build in progress, love the pics and that will give me something to look at when I build the A-7!

Thanx JMan! Hope they´ll be worthwhile :thumbsup:

Cheers!

You kidding me? I have become the modeller I am today by watching great ideas and techniques from guys like you! Your my HEROES!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: HEHE! Well, you know what I mean. Great work keep them coming!

You kidding me? I have become the modeller I am today by watching great ideas and techniques from guys like you! Your my HEROES!!!!!!!! :worship: HEHE! Well, you know what I mean. Great work keep them coming!

Kiss *** :P from now I´ll only use inverted colors so my secrets remain hidden!!!!!!!

j/k I know....I´d still be trying to piece together stuff I find in Kindereggs if I hadn´t got a hint or two from other ppl about how to really do things :worship:

Cheers!

I hear ya there! I have learned so much just from being on this forum. Washes, drybrushing, ALWAYS use a primer coat, BUT MOST OF ALL HAVE FUUUUUUUN! This is such an enjoyment, I think it's starting to rub off on my girlfriend! :worship:

I hear ya there! I have learned so much just from being on this forum. Washes, drybrushing, ALWAYS use a primer coat, BUT MOST OF ALL HAVE FUUUUUUUN! This is such an enjoyment, I think it's starting to rub off on my girlfriend! :wub:

If so:

* Lock her up

* put a chain on her neck

* but whatever You: DON'T LET HER GET AWAY !!!

:thumbsup:

Hey Aigore; how about starting Your own fanclub...???

:D

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

I hear ya there! I have learned so much just from being on this forum. Washes, drybrushing, ALWAYS use a primer coat, BUT MOST OF ALL HAVE FUUUUUUUN! This is such an enjoyment, I think it's starting to rub off on my girlfriend! :D

Now that´s where you´ve reached further than most.....involving your GF in modelling, sheesh! Soon you´re gonna invent a whole new line of arguing with a GF : "-You will bloody well not use my finebrush to drybrush with", "-Get your own bleeding colors!!", "-You put my cockpit set where?!?!?", "You´ve drybushed with grey on a brown surface?!" etc......

If so:

* Lock her up

* put a chain on her neck

* but whatever You: DON'T LET HER GET AWAY !!!

Hey Aigore; how about starting Your own fanclub...???

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Fanclub?? How about a helpline with therapists standing by ...God Almighty, you´re insane the lot of you! :wub:

Cheers dudes!

Yeah if my paycheck will allow I am going to get the 1/48 A-7E Corsair II, with the Aires cockpit and wheel bay sets. I will then have to start my own IPW thread. Can't wait, thanks Aigore, you got me hooked on the F.L.U.F!!!!!!!

Yeah if my paycheck will allow I am going to get the 1/48 A-7E Corsair II, with the Aires cockpit and wheel bay sets. I will then have to start my own IPW thread. Can't wait, thanks Aigore, you got me hooked on the F.L.U.F!!!!!!!

Now that´ll be awesome!! and well it´s the masterplan! first I did a subterfuge with the F-1....and then I got on with the real project :cheers:

A-7 is cool...almost as cool as the F-8......gotta get me one of those one day

Cheers!

Hiya All!!

I happened to pass by the kit by accident today as well!

Thought I´d shoot some black primer on that cockpit :P

DSC01332.jpg

DSC01333.jpg

When I had done that I sat idly and scratched my head for a while until I decided to do the intake trunk next.

It´s a long nice trunk, had a few injection marks and some flash but looked overall pretty nice.

DSC01334.jpg

Aftersanding off the injection marks I put the halves together.....pretty nasty seam in there tho!

DSC01335.jpg

Pretty dark too, I thought that looked boring so I decided to do something about it. I cut off the rear end of the intake trunk with my Dremel and its cutting disc...it´s just a flat surface with nothing interesting on it.

DSC01338.jpg

Then I dove into my spareparts box and rumaged around for a fan front....thought I had seen something around. But no... I found a rear fan from the Viggie tho, probably not the right diameter but at least it´ll look a bit more exciting in there!

DSC01339.jpg

I cut off the center of the fan...

DSC01340.jpg

After that I used my sanding tool for my dremel and made a cut out profile in the rear of the intake trunk which I had cut out earlier. (nasty picture I know)

DSC01341.jpg

Put in the fan and glued on the center of the fan from behind so it wouldn´t protrude that much and would fit better in the intake trunk.

DSC01344.jpg

Well that looked a bit better at least now to the seams in the trunk....well what to do but to putty it up :)

DSC01345.jpg

It´s starting to move along, this build....feels just more and more fun this :D

Next I think I have to check some refs on the wheelbays....at least the nose wheelbay. I have an idea for the struts as well but I´ll get back to that later on.

Cheers for now!

Edited by Aigore

Nice I like the fan... I was contemplating doing that but in the end I decided to fade out the white inside the intake all the way to black at the back and like you I cut off the back end and covered it with a totally black plate of plastic. Still I love your attention to detail .. gonna be nice!!!

-Greg

Fanclub?? How about a helpline with therapists standing by ...God Almighty, you´re insane the lot of you! :bandhead2:

Cheers dudes!

Well.....

1200+ hits in just 5 days. That equals nearly 250 a day !!!

If that doesn't justify a fan-club...

:bandhead2:

Good progress BTW. You are getting a bit slow though...

I remember the F-1 being nearly finished by that time. :bandhead2:

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Really down how much work you want to put in, I´ve only got the Aires cockpit, it´s very very nice, there are wheelbays and electronics bays too, there seems to be different cockpits for A-7D, A-7E and A-7E late I don´t really knwo much of the difference between them...I know there´s a different chair in late A-7Es...but my set contained both seats....

And well then I suppose you want to have decals for it as well:P

Well.....

1200+ hits in just 5 days. That equals nearly 250 a day !!!

:rofl:

Good progress BTW. You are getting a bit slow though...

I remember the F-1 being nearly finished by that time. :D

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Where´s your WIP? :P

Well.....1200+ hits in just 5 days. That equals nearly 250 a day !!!

Yeah, and it's almost all building-related. :o I think the BS-level is dangerously low. We seriously have to take action to de-rail - well, at least "sidetrack" - the thread. Can't risk Aigore becoming a "serious modeller", now, can we? :D

Good progress BTW. You are getting a bit slow though...I remember the F-1 being nearly finished by that time.

Where´s your WIP? :P

Ouch, that stings! :P

My in-progress thread? :rofl: Urm.... , yeah,.... well, I have an excuse. I got the new book by Andy McNab yesterday. But I promise I'll start the F-1 tomorrow.

Edited by ChernayaAkula
Yeah, and it's almost all building-related. I think the BS-level is dangerously low. We seriously have to take action to de-rail - well, at least "sidetrack" - the thread. Can't risk Aigore becoming a "serious modeller", now, can we?

Where´s your WIP?

Ouch, that stings!

My in-progress thread? Urm.... , yeah,.... well, I have an excuse. I got the new book by Andy McNab yesterday. But I promise I'll start the F-1 tomorrow.

Got us covered there bro.

I'm already gathering some marvelous stuff to realy "F-U" this one... :D

(Just waiting for that "perfect moment".....)

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

I`m so gonna BS in yours and spooky´s WIP threads :D :coolio:

Hey CharnayaAkula,

did You see that...???

I got off cheap !!!

You got the fat *** while I'm stuck with the banana going bananas...

Well, at least we got him to make the promise we were looking for !!!

:lol:

As for our WIP...

Well, I bought the two of us some time:

1) I mentioned that it would be posted by october 1st at the soonest/latest... (Pfff, good contingency planning !!!)

2) I thought we "agreed" that we would grant Moritz some time to catch up a bit...

"Check Six....."

Spooky.